Tettnanger Hops for Charity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
As many of you know, I came into some bulk hops recently. Many HBT supporters got in on some of them through a lottery that was held in the members only forum and while I'm disappointed I couldn't get more hops to more people, I did what I could. I reserved a certain amount for my local homebrew club because without them, I wouldn't have had the contact to get ANY of the hops. To cut to the chase, I have 3 pounds of Tettnanger left that the club doesn't need. Instead of going back to the lottery list, I think a nice thing to do would be to auction off the 3 pounds (one pound each person) and donate the money to the Betty Ford Center. I don't have any personal story about addiction or anything, I just think it's the most hobby appropriate cause out there.

So, post here what you're willing to donate. The three highest bids June 24th at 11pm eastern time will win. Payment will be made by paypal and shipping will be via UPSP priority mail.

The pound of Tett is 2007 crop, pelletized, 4.2% alpha in a foodsaver bag.

Sorry I wasn't clear. You can post your per-pound bids publicly in this thread. I think it will help me keep my sanity. I will only ship one pound to one person, thus your bid should reflect what you're willing to donate to get one pound of Tett. If only two people bid, I suppose the higher bidder will have the option for two pounds but I suspect at least three people will pony up for a good cause.

Whatever you post as your bid is what you will pay. I'll cover the actual shipping cost from so that the donation is exactly the sum of the three winning bids. I hope that's more clear.

In case anyone doesn't know me or trust me, I will post proof that the money actually did go to the charity.

That brings up an interesting dilemma. Here's what I'm going to do. Your bid is what you pay and the highest 3 bids gets the hops. If I have to ship them, I pay for it out of my pocket so there's no difference to you or the charity whether I ship or not. Cool? If there's any discrepency in the way you've already bid, go ahead and edit your post.

As of right now the winning bids are:

$50 Jfish
$45 RICLARK
$30 Soulive

Thanks guys, it's good to give when you get nothing in return but hey, a pound of hops on top is a pretty good deal. You have until Tues 11pm eastern to up the anti. Don't wait until the last minute and snipe like some Ebay jackass. Let's keep it lively and well bumped. Thanks again.

As of right now the winning bids are:

$50 Jfish
$45 RICLARK
$30 Soulive

Thanks guys, it's good to give when you get nothing in return but hey, a pound of hops on top is a pretty good deal. You have until Tues 11pm eastern to up the anti. Don't wait until the last minute and snipe like some Ebay jackass. Let's keep it lively and well bumped. Thanks again.

I was just sniped a couple of hours ago on ebay, Somebody beat me by a damn quarter while I was sleeping.Guy waited until the last minute of the auction.

Here's how I'm going to combat sniping for Tuesday's close of this auction...

I will post a closing message here at some time between 9pm and 11pm. You won't know when it will happen and thus cannot possibly wait for a magical cuttoff ;-)

Thanks for all the bids so far.

Beerthirty $52
Jfish $50
RICLARK $45
Riverswillbeer $45

Bidding is closed right now.
I was going to say Riverswill bid the $45 later than RICLARK but I'm going to extend another pound out of my personal collection and go with 4 shares. Hey, it's charity right. I'm PMing each with paypal payment requests...

The hops are shipping today and the donation of $200 has been made to support the BFC's children's programs. Thanks guys.
BFD1.jpg

BFD2.jpg

Put them to good use guys... I think it was a fitting way to cap off the hop windfall project. Looking back, I wish I doubled the order and made sure everyone on the board got their share. Oh well, I guess some are better than none.

Back