Bottle Filler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AaronMaine

Reaction score
last time I bottled beer the tip of the bottle filler was clogged pretty good with sediment when I was done. It took forever to clean it as the tip does not remove. In fact I am some what skeptical that I cleaned out all the sediment. The tip is black so you cant see if there is anything in there or not. Any suggestions for a newbie on cleaning this in the future?

What brand of bottle filler do you own that the tip isn't removable? I've owned 3 of them and the tips on all of them were removable, and the spring and the black tip popped out. In fact the reason I've owned three of them, is that a couple times the spring or the black tip has gone right down the disposal while I was cleaning them.

This is the standard one I use.
859-LRG.jpg

What's yours like?

Are you transferring the beer into a bottling bucket? You may be transferring to much of the sediment into it.

Revvy said:
What brand of bottle filler do you own that the tip isn't removable? I've owned 3 of them and the tips on all of them were removable, and the spring and the black tip popped out. In fact the reason I've owned three of them, is that a couple times the spring or the black tip has gone right down the disposal while I was cleaning them.

This is the standard one I use.

What's yours like?

not sure of the brand, it came in a kit from northern brewer. But it does not come off

ForumRunner_20120217_120257.jpg

FastTalker said:
Are you transferring the beer into a bottling bucket? You may be transferring to much of the sediment into it.

yes, and I do believe I transfered too much

yes, and I do believe I transfered too much

So, in regards to your original question, this shouldn't be a problem in the future if you are careful not to transfer too much sediment.

Giving the bottle filler a good soak in PBW should help loosen any lodged sediment.

FastTalker said:
So, in regards to your original question, this shouldn't be a problem in the future if you are careful not to transfer too much sediment.

Giving the bottle filler a good soak in PBW should help loosen any lodged sediment.

Thanks, I bottled tonight and was a lot more careful and was fine.....I hate wasting my brew lol, thanks again

I would suggest replacing you filler with one that comes apart for better cleaning soon. They are relatively cheap.

Latest posts

Back