Bad brewer, bad!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AFAJ Brew Guy

Reaction score
I have been a bad brewer lately. I have 5 gallons of Apfelwein that I has been sitting on the yeast for just about 4 months now, I am sure it is ruined. I have 5 gallons of ESB that I need to bottle, it has been in the carboy for 4 weeks now. I want to brew again, not sure when that is going to happen. I hate it when life gets in the way of brewing. Ugh...

At four months, you've got about an 80% of it being incredibly awesome, and maybe 20% of it tasting like Vegemite.

At four weeks, the ESB is also fine.

Just a few days ago I got around to racking some cranberry wine that had been sitting in the primary since 10.26.08. Tasted excellent.

Vegemite's the best!

I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you on that one.

As for it being ok, I may be, we will see, it will at least be next week before I can get to it.

I know the ESB will be ok, I just want to drink it and I dont really have a straw that will reach the bottom of the carboy. :D

My apfelwein was AT LEAST 4 months, if not six in the carboy...I waited til it cleared totally, not like SOME OF Y'ALL who rush it....it turned out great...especially after the remainder of the year in the bottle...I mean people wouldn't touch it until it was that old, then they loved it...

so don't worry about it....

I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you on that one.

As for it being ok, I may be, we will see, it will at least be next week before I can get to it.

I know the ESB will be ok, I just want to drink it and I dont really have a straw that will reach the bottom of the carboy. :D

Sounds like you should be bottling and not on HBT, just a thought;)

I've got an Irish red that's been on the yeast cake since October. I popped off the airlock and took a whiff and it smells fine. Keep your fingers crossed!

We're all half-bad brewers, for not getting paid for what we do. I hope to leave several cases of homebrew laying around my house when (in aprox. 500 years) I die. That way, perhaps someone a hundred years from now will crack it open and sample it. Maybe I'll be like the classic artist who was never fully appreciated in his time, but became a legend afterwords. ;)

We're all half-bad brewers, for not getting paid for what we do. I hope to leave several cases of homebrew laying around my house when (in aprox. 500 years) I die. That way, perhaps someone a hundred years from now will crack it open and sample it. Maybe I'll be like the classic artist who was never fully appreciated in his time, but became a legend afterwords. ;)

How about some "Llazy Llama's Touch."

Oh no, you don't want llazy_llama's touch. There's good touch, there's bad touch, and then there's llazy_llama's touch. If bad touch is the no-no part on the doll, llama touch can only properly be demonstrated with live squid, broken glass, piano wire, and jumper cables.

Trust me, you don't want any part of that. :drunk:

Oh no, you don't want llazy_llama's touch. There's good touch, there's bad touch, and then there's llazy_llama's touch. If bad touch is the no-no part on the doll, llama touch can only properly be demonstrated with live squid, broken glass, piano wire, and jumper cables.

I don't know. Throw in a counter-flow chiller and some warming sensation KY and it sounds like you got yourself a good time. :ban:

Well this thread certainly took an interesting twist...

Back