• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SS 304 1/2" NPT Motorized Ball Valves 9-24vdc $40

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squeeky

Reaction score
I purchased 50 of these in a group buy and have a few extra. I'd like to sell them for a small profit or trade for other automated parts. I have limited available at this time, but that may increase as two of the members that showed interest originally have not responded once in stock.

I would like to ask $42 a piece, or $40 if 5 or more are purchased.
They are CR03 wired, which means V+/V- and Signal leads.

57927d1334854119-there-market-ss-motorized-ball-valves-forumrunner_20120419_124808.jpg

57928d1334854129-there-market-ss-motorized-ball-valves-forumrunner_20120419_124826.jpg

Items I'm looking for:
Chugger pump with SS head
Large Enclosure with Backplate
3P Distribution block
Relay Board

PM me or reply if of interest.

Squeeky

Shipping would be extra, however if there were enough ordered we would work something out. Really just trying to pass on a deal, my goal was to offer them less then any competitors. I spent over $1,600 on the 50, so trying to make a little off the expense and time for the bulk order. I had 36 of the 50 claimed, but one person wanted 10-12 and has yet to respond to my messages.

As for shipping I have just packaged 8 to send to NC and was $9 for UPS ground.

Understood. I think I'll jump on six, shipped to 92064. Let me confirm with my electrical guru in the next day and I'll get Paypal info from ya.

Bitmask and A4J have claimed the available valves for right now. I will update this thread if more become available. I would like to give chancebrewing & mmmbeer a few more days before making the valves available they originally requested.

Well today I picked up some flat rate USPS boxes, I can fit up to 12 valves in the medium box which is $11.35 to ship just FYI for everyone.

I am still waiting on PMs from two of the original buyers. It has been over a week and no response so I'm going to assume they are not needed. I don't feel right holding since there was not deposit made, and I have people PMing asking for valves.

Therefore I currently have 22 remaining, however I did not expect the interest to be as high as I expected so if it continues I may place another order for resale.

I've had two people ask if these can be used without brewing software. Yes they can, here is my candid response. I love copy & paste :)

Yea you could easily wire them up to a SPST switch. Essentially there are three leads, V+ / V- / Signal. They will accept 9-24vdc, V+ & V- would stay connected at all times, when you want to open the valve you send 9-24vdc to the signal wire. In order to close the valve you stop current to the signal wire.

Are these full open/close only or does the amount of voltage allow you to partially open the valve?

+1 crazyirishman

I will mention though that the replacement board has been "in the works" for awhile.
I was thinking of ways to restrict flow using these, and considering using a DC pump so that I can reduce voltage to slow down speed.

3 boxes shipped today, crazyirish, B9Brew, A4J.

I have 6 left, of the initial order. If there is still interest I may look into sell those I'm holding for myself and ordering another 50.

Squeeky

Only because I don't want to clutter this thread with my personal adventure into automation, I will likely be starting a thread to help me determine my end goal with this thing. However I've kept 12, rabab25's design takes 11 and I'd have an extra for backup.

Plenty of options 3-vessel (2-3 pumps), 2-Vessel (1-2 pumps), 1-vessel (1 pump).
I'm currently leaning towards 2-Vessel one pump layout to simplify the hardware required. It will also give me an excuse to upgrade to a stainless chugger as I wouldn't have to buy two of them. See my thread and please help if you can:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/duplicate-rebab25-plumbing-single-pump-brutus20-315725/

According to USPS all packages have been delivered, feel free to let me know by PM how you will be using them.

Shameless bump still 3 left :)

Sorry didn't post last night but the 3 sold. I'm still debating another order, but I'd like to ensure 30+ are claimed before ordering.

If your interested PM me the qty your looking for. Please don't PM unless your seriously interested because I don't want to order and be sitting on $1600 worth of ball valves

UPDATE

I've continued to have request for more valves and with the new automated section I feel that will only increase. If I have not PMed directly about a valve count for those that were waiting, please PM me how many you are seeking. I will likely be placing order this week assuming I can confirm at least 30 are counted for.

I didn't take into account the paypal fees the first run, but I would still be able to honor the pricing of upto 4 at $42, 5+ at $40.

I will continue to request that if purchasing at Brewtroller you get your valves from them as you are supporting a great cause and development. If you get them from me, your supporting me getting a new SS chugger pump for my automated setup.

Back