Highly Recommend Great Lakes Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WolfieBrew

Reaction score
From a first year hops grower:

I would highly recommend Great Lakes Hops based on my experience thus far. Ordered my plants Sunday and received Wednesday. The plants are way larger than expected, well packaged, and very healthy in appearance. I can't imagine starting from a rhizome compared to starting with a plant having at least one year of growth. Will keep everyone posted on the growth!

ForumRunner_20120328_210021.jpg

ForumRunner_20120328_210036.jpg

Cheers,
Chris

+1
Ordered crowns late fall / winter. They were massive. They are already showing so much life I'm worried I need to clear more space. Couldn't imagine putting a rhizome in the ground with the product these fine people offer.

+3
Not only are the plants great but they have great support as well. Lynn has responded to and took interest in every email I have sent.

I just planted my cascades and was also quite impressed! The "root ball" included was massive and I look forward to seeing what they produce. Some of the hops I planted last year were twigs in comparison to these.

I have to agree also. I've had my two crowns in the ground a little under a month, and they are growing like crazy. They seem very healthy, and the crowns really take off quickly.

If you are in driving distance, it is definitely worth taking a trip to visit them. It's really neat to see all the hops they have growing in their greenhouses, and they will answer all your questions as they show you around!

Huge, great quality plants and good prices. I'd recommend these over rhizomes any day. There was a mix up in my order and they responded quickly to make it right. Highly recommend.

Wish I had known about them before I bought my replacement centennial rhizomes.. They're gonna be a year behind the rest now... These plants would have put them right on schedule with the others..

Will definitely look into them when it's time to expand to more varieties than the current four.......

Unless you score a rare variety rhizome for free, there is no reason to even consider rhizomes. The GLH crowns are massive, and the roots on the cascades crown I got were the size of my thumb.

I used them for my indoor grow. Very healthy plants, and they really take off right away.

They are awesome, just got my Cascade & Chinooks. Huge! & look healthy, a bit worried as it's still getting down to low 20's here at night. . .so I have them potted right now. . . anxious to get these bad mofo's in the ground!

Back