OK my beer is carbonated...now what?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linusstick

Reaction score
And don't say drink it because I know that :cross:
Thanks for all your help in walking through my first kegging experience. Last night I realized I didn't have the gas on for the week my keg's been in the fridge. So I turned the pressure up to 30psi, shook it a few times and today I have carbonation...not enough but I do have some. It's a witbier so I want it to be heavily carbonated. I turned the pressure down to 20 and planned to leave it like that for a few days. Does this sound like it will accomplish what I'm planning? Should I expect it to just take a day or two?

you should have carbonation after a day or two. I just set it at serving pressure around 12psi and leave it for a week. I'm usually drinking on it after 2 days though.

Check it often...too long at 20 PSI will overcarb even a Wit. Once it's close to the right carb level, drop pressure to your carbonation pressure, (check charts/calculator for the right pressure at your fridge temp for your desired volume of CO2). But yes that should work fine.

Back