What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time again for Old Jubilation ale. Anyone try the Southern Tier 2xmas yet? Saw that at the store but picked this up instead.

image-2065448407.jpg

A nice glass of breckenridge oatmeal stout. I wouldve been drinking some vanilla/cinnamon milk stout ive been aging in my keg for a year but all my kegging stuff is packed for my big move in a few days!

ragertom said:
Had another bottle of this while.... I did this! First batch done! Well bottled anyways. Brewers best American pale ale with citra hops. Samples sure did taste good!
Congrats!

If it weren't a week night I would likely get super **** faced and make poor decisions. Instead, I'll take my buzz and just continue being sad face over crap.

Cider, again.

DisturbdChemist said:
You likey? ;)

Having this

I do likey. I would like a little more bourbon character, but it's still really good. It would be better if I had never had SA BB1. That BB1 is what a bourbon barrel beer should be. I need more. I wonder if Baker St still has any.

How's the Hard RB?

I do likey. I would like a little more bourbon character, but it's still really good. It would be better if I had never had SA BB1. That BB1 is what a bourbon barrel beer should be. I need more. I wonder if Baker St still has any.

How's the Hard RB?

Yea this year's is a little subdued but tastey. The root beer is awesome. Just taste like root beer. Worth picking up

Back home now. First cracking into Shorts Evil Urges Belgo Dark Strong.. ...damn delicious. Funky dark and a little bit of sweet esthers

ForumRunner_20131120_220557.jpg

I had a great last hour, for some reason i looked out at my truck an flat tire, tried to plug it three times , no go.
Of course it was the rear and the factory spare is undersized so I put the spare on the front. Good thing I was home so I had tools and I found it now instead of the morning:)but it still sucked.
This to make it better!

IMG_0805.jpg

Water right now after eating a ton of sunflower seeds. Hell of a day.

If you legally own a gun, carry it every time you leave the house. Almost had a life-changing experience today with a piece of trash.

First beer of the day tomorrow will me a Mad Elf. Can't wait for that!

Some of my rye saison celebrating getting my ex to agree to a reasonable custody agreement without having to go back to court this Fri a 4th time before the final divorce hearing this coming February. Will probably move on to some Scotch next

ForumRunner_20131120_203722.jpg

petie said:
Today I was called a liar, an *******, then the guy got in my face and tried to belittle me. In return I proceeded to have a meltdown on that bastard like hell has never seen. Outside of work he would've been face down with his lights out but seein as how I need my job I excersised great restraint. Now I'm at home with a SN Flipside chillin. Yes. Have a drink after work.

Sounds like my experience today. Except when I tell you to back the bleep up, you better listen.

People stink!

BrewinHooligan said:
Some of my rye saison celebrating getting my ex to agree to a reasonable custody agreement without having to go back to court this Fri a 4th time before the final divorce hearing this coming February. Will probably move on to some Scotch next

There we go. Finally, a decent story. Cheers.

nukebrewer said:
Courtesy of Wes, thanks man. This is a really good robust porter. Really nice, smooth roast character, some light hop character and fairly dry finish.

I thought it was pretty good too. Glad you like it and glad I could share.

BrewinHooligan said:

Congrats on the small victory. Haven't had to go thru divorce battle, but know plenty of friends who have.

Care to share recipe on your rye saison? Yours appears darker than mine. Maybe just lighting?

image-1192439986.jpg

Blue Point Brew, Wet Hops Experiment Pale Ale.
I'm a happy hoppy guy! If i can figure out how to post pics
I will!! cool label in a Incredibles comic style!

Congrats on the small victory. Haven't had to go thru divorce battle, but know plenty of friends who have.

Care to share recipe on your rye saison? Yours appears darker than mine. Maybe just lighting?

I do think mine is a little darker. This was a quick n dirty partial mash biab on the electric stovetop.
4lb Pilsner
2.25lb flaked rye
8oz caramunich
4oz acid malt
3lb extra light dme
1lb table sugar
OG came to 1.064
FG was 1.006
Columbus for bittering and Saphir for flavor/aroma
Next time I will replace the dme with Pilsner malt and use regular rye instead of flaked.
Decided to pass on the Scotch and go with a Narwhal instead

ForumRunner_20131120_213209.jpg

BrewinHooligan said:
I do think mine is a little darker. This was a quick n dirty partial mash biab on the electric stovetop. 4lb Pilsner 2.25lb flaked rye 8oz caramunich 4oz acid malt 3lb extra light dme 1lb table sugar OG came to 1.064 FG was 1.006 Columbus for bittering and Saphir for flavor/aroma Next time I will replace the dme with Pilsner malt and use regular rye instead of flaked. Decided to pass on the Scotch and go with a Narwhal instead

Not sure where the difference is, nothing but pilsner and rye in mine - I used this as my guide

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f71/how-rye-i-am-rye-saison-2011-1st-place-best-show-hbt-comp-238831/

Mine:

5.5 gal batch
9 lb Pilsner
3 lb Rye Malt
.33 lb Rice Hulls
1.8 oz Fuggles (60 min remaining)
1 lb honey
White labs French saison yeast
Mashed at 152

Centenial ipa. Previously a ruination. Previously a glass of some random cab Sauvignon. Previously my first bottle of s Pliny the Elder clone (green and not totally carbed, but.........damn!).

Eff it - it's Wednesday ;-)

Back