Heading to Salt Lake City

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BayouBrew

Reaction score
I'm going to be in Salt Lake City, UT for work later this month (23rd-29th), and of course I'm planning the trip around tasting opportunities. Any recommendations other than Squatters, Bohemian, and Uinta? Any club meetings going on during that time, or is anyone up for meeting at a bar/brewery for a pint?

The new brewery, Epic, at 825 South State. Its probably the best beer around right now, but they are a brewery, not a brewpub.

I'd also recommend Red Rock at 254 South 200 West.

The Bayou on State Street has a great selections of beers and very knowledgeable staff.
Great place.. great food
You may have to become a member still though

Desert Edge is my favorite brew pub in Utah. The crowd is not so much the "look at me" type like you will find at Squatters or Red Rock, the food is great, and the building it is in is really cool (old trolley square). The real ale out of the cask can be exceptional.

http://www.desertedgebrewery.com/

Did you realize that the 24th of July is a big Utah holiday? It is a bigger celebration than the 4th of July.

I forgot to mention that a couple of years ago a psycho blew away a half dozen people in that building.

The Bayou on State Street has a great selections of beers and very knowledgeable staff.

Agreed the Bayou has the best selection in the state, but it is Utah so that is not saying much. It does actually have an awesome selection. Its also known for its cajun food. I bet you cant get good cajun food like this in Bosier City.

Epic Brewing is the new stand out in UT. The only problem they cant keep up with the needs of the locals starving of full strength options. They have an amazing selection of unique options but you have to go every day to catch the new offerings before they sell out.

Yes Jul 24th is a big holiday here even better fireworks than the fourth which was celebrated on the 3rd this year, because the 4th was a Sunday. The 24th is Pioneers day to celebrate the founders of Utah. I.E., no drinking when others are looking.

Squatters is the best brew pub atmosphere in SLC. Beers okay there.

What kind of beers do you favor and I can suggest better where you should visit.

Sunday brunch at the Alta Lodge. Best views in the entire canyon. Good Bloody Marys, too! (I used to cook there, and of course ski there as well).

Desert Edge is my favorite brew pub in Utah. The crowd is not so much the "look at me" type like you will find at Squatters or Red Rock, the food is great, and the building it is in is really cool (old trolley square). The real ale out of the cask can be exceptional.

http://www.desertedgebrewery.com/

Did you realize that the 24th of July is a big Utah holiday? It is a bigger celebration than the 4th of July.

I concur that Desert Edge is worth going to. It is especially fun on the 24th, because if I recall correctly, the wait staff dresses up like old Mormon Pioneers- husbands and their sister wives. It is pretty fun :)

Back