Brewmaster Wanted for Minneapolis Brewpub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdubbaya

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I know there are other forums to post things like this to, but I've noticed quite an upswing of new small-scale breweries popping up from folks on HBT so I thought I'd reach out here too.

We own a building in downtown Minneapolis (Warehouse District, near 35W), and are looking to open a brewpub in the first floor.

The space has around 1500 square feet, 14 ft ceilings with a basement, and access on both the North and South sides. Full parking lot as well, and we're open to any renovations needed to make it work.

Here's what we're looking for:

- A brewmaster to come in and run/operate the brewing side of the business.
- This person will have equity stake in the company, and full control over the daily operations if they choose.
- This person should have substantial knowledge of every aspect in brewing, and experience in commercial/large-scale brewing would be a plus.

Here's what we have:

- Space
- Marketing
- Legal team for licensing/advising
- Capital

We're homebrewers at heart, but don't have the time or skill set to run a full operation. We've got TONS of ideas for the business, and we are confident we can make it successful.

If you or anyone you know in the area is looking for an adventure, leave me a comment here or PM me for more info.

Cheers!

Good luck! Keep us posted on the opening, and on what's happening. That sounds like a lot of fun (oh, and a lot of work!). Let us know when we can come get a tour!

Yooper said:
Good luck! Keep us posted on the opening, and on what's happening. That sounds like a lot of fun (oh, and a lot of work!). Let us know when we can come get a tour!

Thanks Yoop!

We've got some talented brewers in Minnesota so I know the search won't be difficult. A few leads already.

I'm excited to see the business unfold in that space. It's a cool area near the Metrodome, freeways and light rail. We think it can be great.

I'll update or start a new thread once it's all finalized. With photos of course!

Cheers!

Sorry for my late response, it's been a busy 2013 to say the least.

We did find a head brewer, and are on track to open late 2013 this year. We'll be on Washington Ave close to 35W (where Spill the Wine used to be) in the Day Block Building.

We are working with a design firm to architect the space, and finalizing our branding in the next week. After that, we'll make a public announcement and keep everyone up to date on our progress as we go!

Cheers!

Cory

Latest posts

Back