what's the right temp a should have my cider at :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryf3661

Reaction score
sorry ive got one more thing a would like to ask what's the rite temp it should be at a used champagne yeast my heating up as were having a cold spell but its gone from 64 to68F a have no sign of bubbles in my airlock but a think this is because am doing a three gallon batch in a five gallon bucket and I've got about two and half inch of foam after a day and a half

ForumRunner_20130228_114909.png

Ideally you'd want to keep it around 16-18ºC. (60-64ºF) But pushing up towards 70º won't hurt it too much if the bulk of your fermentation has been completed. I'd just try to slowly bring it back down as soon as you can.

Ideally you'd want to keep it around 16-18ºC. (60-64ºF) But pushing up towards 70º won't hurt it too much if the bulk of your fermentation has been completed. I'd just try to slowly bring it back down as soon as you can.

that's brilliant thanks for getting back to me how long do you think a should keep it fermenting for a used champagne yeast 12 cartions for apple juice concentrated and half a pound a white sugar and then the next day noticed pure pressed apple juice while shopping in town added two litres of that last night

I'd let it ferment until your hydrometer reads around 1.000. It will be 'dry' at that point, but it will keep you from having bottles explode on you. You can always sweeten it when pouring it into your glass if you need to with a splash of apple juice (or other flavors of juice)

If you just added two more liters of juice last night...I'd say you have at least another week or so.

I'd let it ferment until your hydrometer reads around 1.000. It will be 'dry' at that point, but it will keep you from having bottles explode on you. You can always sweeten it when pouring it into your glass if you need to with a splash of apple juice (or other flavors of juice)

If you just added two more liters of juice last night...I'd say you have at least another week or so.

aw great a was planning on leave it in there for a month then putting it into the bottles and then leave it for another month and then starting too drink it bottle by bottle one every few weeks to see when it tastes best and my next batch just leaving it until that point that a think it tastes best

I've never had any luck with only drinking one every few weeks...or every week for that matter ;) You have more will power than me. I usually go through 5 gallons in a few weeks. I do typically save 1 bottle for tasting later, but it usually doesn't make it past 3-4 months. haha

I've never had any luck with only drinking one every few weeks...or every week for that matter ;) You have more will power than me. I usually go through 5 gallons in a few weeks. I do typically save 1 bottle for tasting later, but it usually doesn't make it past 3-4 months. haha
haha no doubt am kidding myself it will end up beening rattled in a few weeks lol

Back