Economy Stainless Steel Brew pot.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls Beers

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What does that mean??I'm looking for a 10 gallon brew pot. I found one and it said economy SS brew pot for 62 bucks. Is it worth it??

What does that mean??I'm looking for a 10 gallon brew pot. I found one and it said economy SS brew pot for 62 bucks. Is it worth it??

It means that it has thin walls and will dent easy. This is okay, just as long as you are careful with it. Also...you can pretty much be certain that there are no sandwiched metals inbetween that will help for even heating.

I have been eyeballing this pot also, but my concern is with scorching. If I took a disc of steel say 3/16" to 1/4" thick and put on the burner and set the pot on, would this work to tame the flame and promote even heating? I am around steel all day long so it would be easy to come up with.

I've gotten two from AHS. First was a 6 gal when i started extract. Worked great.

Then i bought a 10 gal just last week or so, same one you're looking at. Drilled a hole, added a Weld-B-Gone. I R HAPPY.

Does anybody have this 32 qt brew pot I just got from Austin homebrew? It was a great price, but it sure seems flimsy..It's like it's made out of tin...

513thumb.jpg

I use the 8 gallon version of this pot... its rather wide, so my boil off is a little higher than normal... about 2 gallons/hr!

Back