Cleaning Glass Cooktop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mZnthebend

Reaction score
I had a small boil over when making a starter on a glass cooktop a few weeks ago and I can't seem to get the offending ring off of the new cooktop. I have used Ceramabrite (Which the manufacturer recommends) and an Oxy Clean solution to try and dissolve it. A lot has come off, but it is still there.

Does anyone have any tricks to try? Thanks

I had a small boil over when making a starter on a glass cooktop a few weeks ago and I can't seem to get the offending ring off of the new cooktop. I have used Ceramabrite (Which the manufacturer recommends) and an Oxy Clean solution to try and dissolve it. A lot has come off, but it is still there.

Does anyone have any tricks to try? Thanks

Elbow grease with a mildly abrasive glass-top cleaner. I use CookTop brand, but I'm sure the Cermabrite you're using is similar. I usually put it on over the stain and let it sit for a little and then use a cotton cloth in circles to scrub it away. If it's a thick stain I tend to soak it with a little hot water before hand.

I keep a box of razors for just such occasions. A razor, yellow scrubber pad for cook tops and cerama brite make it look like new everytime.

Linc

whats wrong with you people?:drunk::cross: Use Bar Keepers friend. Make a paste and and let it sit. Repeat if necessary. And you can use it on stainless.

All about the razor blades man! I expoxied a rare earth magnet on the back of a window scraper and keep one at hand on the vent hood. Takes care of the worst of it.

Cheers

Wing nut

Back