Corking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamsdealer

Reaction score
So, I've thrown away countless champagne style beer bottles over the last few years. I think I know the answer, but can I re-use corks? Do I need to invest in a corker, or can I just shove them back in the opening?

Not that I NEED them, but I hate seeing all those nice bottles going to the recycle bin. Do they make bungs that fit them? They could be nice for small starters...

You can't reuse corks. You need a corker to insert them, and then use a cage to hold them in.

It's easy to get bungs/stoppers to fit them. I have several that I use for my "top off" wine when winemaking. A #6 stopper fits the gallon and 1/2 gallon growlers, and a smaller stopper (#3 or 4, check the size!) fits the bottles.

Thanks,

Wine making is way down the road, this would be for beer. Guess I'll just stick with capping bomber bottles for the time being.

Back