Hello from Charlotte, NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BODWB

Reaction score
Drinking my first home made brew right now!

Got some barley and rye getting ready to make my own malt for my next batch.

Used to work with a guy at Adelphia Cable in Rocky Mount who made beer, should have gotten into it then.

What are you drinking?

Welcome!

That's quite an ingredients list! Welcome from the triangle. Alternative beverage is a great HB store. You Charlotte folk are very lucky.

Thanks all! I'm not blind or dead yet so success!!

That's quite an ingredients list! Welcome from the triangle. Alternative beverage is a great HB store. You Charlotte folk are very lucky.

Ohh yeah never been there, where is it?

Welcome! I'm up in the Greensboro area.

Alternative beverage is a great HB store. You Charlotte folk are very lucky.

It's a great store. The website sucks. But, it's a great store. Both of my brothers live in the near Charlotte. Whenever I visit, I try and sneak off to Belmont to visit the store. It's in an old factory with rows and rows of shelves full of some really cool stuff.

They give discounts to club members from all over the state. Charlotte has a great home brew club also: The Carolina BrewMasters

Hello from Rock Hill!

Alternative Brewing is NOT closed. I buy all my stuff from them. They are a great HBS. They are on South Blvd. just a little north of Woodlawn. They are in the back and the sign just says beer hobbies or something like that. Their Website gives good directions.

Anyway, welcome neighbor!

Welcome!

If you make your own malt, just make sure you keep it moist but not wet. It will grow mold if it is too wet. And keep it pretty warm so it will grow faster. There are a few threads on here and online about malting.

BODWB - glad to see you made it to AB. I was just there last week and picked up a new 5G carboy and a few small items. Great place, huh?

Welcome!

If you make your own malt, just make sure you keep it moist but not wet. It will grow mold if it is too wet. And keep it pretty warm so it will grow faster. There are a few threads on here and online about malting.

Drank some of the beer made with homemade malt and I love it, getting ready to do another batch here soon.

Yeah it's a great place. Will def. go again.

Back