brewbyyou.com experiences

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
Anyone ever buy from them?

They have the lowest prices on Better Bottles and DME that I've yet to come across and the shipping from NH to NJ is really reasonable. They beat Midwest, Austin and Morebeer hands down in price but anyone have any service issue with them?

Well I took the plunge and ordered some stuff from brewbyyou.com. Their prices were fantastic, almost too good to be true, but I figured I'd give them a shot. Overall I'm pleased.

I placed my order on a friday, and it arrived the next thursday. That's pretty quick for a small web shop. In contrast I placed an order from listermann's at the same time and it didn't arrive until a week from the following monday (10 days) and they're only an hour away from me.

My brewbyyou order was for 12 lbs of light extract, 3 lbs of wheat extract, 4 oz cascade hops, 1 oz of 4 other hop varieties, 5 lbs of crystal 60 malt, 1 vial of american ale yeast and an auto siphon. Total on this order came to $50.

The down side? Well, everything came the following thursday, except the hops. No hops were anywhere in the box... I gave them a call and they said they remembered it being packaged up, but if it didn't make it in the box, they'd resend them. This was on friday, and the hops arrived the following tuesday, which is pretty darn quick.

I'll consider the hops an honest mistake, since they quickly sent them out and were very nice about it, that's all I can ask for. Prices for bulk ingredients are really good so overall I'm pleased. Ingredient quality was good for everything I ordered. The only questionable thing was the yeast, which was EasYeast brand, but it seemed to work fine and from what I've found with some google searching, people who have used it haven't noticed any difference between it and white labs/wyeast. It was also half the price...

Baron von BeeGee said:
Merging these topics since they seem complementary...

Actually, my post was about brewbyyou.com (Mt Washington Homebrew Supply) and the other one is about brewbyu.com (Hops & Dreams Homebrew)...

Except I'm not sure they're the same company. I asked about brewbyu.com (Hops and Dreams) and he posted about brewbyyou.com (Mt Washington Home Brew Suppy). I know the names are close and they're both in NH but the storefront/websites look different. Maybe it's the same guy hoping to double exposure.

In the words of the great Burt Reynolds in the seminal work Deliverance: "Well, I f-ed up."

Sorry, Bobby_M...if you want to repost your thread I promise not to overmoderate it. I can't find a tool to undo the damage.

what a coincidence! I saw both original threads and thought it was the same website as well, with just one misspelled. We would have done the same thing baronvB.

No problem sir, honest mistake. Actually, I'll be able to answer my own post in a few days since I bit the bullet and decided to order. Hopefully it works out because the pricing is tremendous. $17 for a 5gal better bottle. $9/3lbs of Muntons DME, most hops under $1 per ounce. Not bad.

Just a followup. Brewbyu.com or "Hops and Dreams" came through on the order. The pricing is as low as I've ever seen on better bottles, DME, and most other things so give them a look. I have my second order in already so we'll see if they're consistant.

I lived in Utah for 15 years so I thought brewbyu.com was a contradiction in terms, if that helps. :p

Back