Need help.. Wheat beer when to bottle...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LIVETOBREW

Reaction score
I brewed up a Belgian wit recipe I came across on 12-24-08

1.5# 6-row
.5# oats
1# unmalted wheat

5# wheat malt extract (dry)
corriander
bitter orange peel
sty. goldings hops
belgian wit wlp-400 liqiud yeast

got it all boiled up and in the fermenter
og was 1.054

left it in the primary for 9 days and checked gravity ended up with 1.014
so i racked it to a secondary glass carboy (needed the primary for anther batch) took a gravity reading 3 days ago and got 1.012 took another about an hour ago and got 1.012 still the same.. ready to bottle??

how long should i leave it in the secondary before i bottle and how long should i condition it in the bottle?? this is my first wheat beer, ive made about 20 other batches of misc ales and a few pilsners, all the lhbs i deal with say a wheat beer is best when its young and fresh.. should i bottle this up soon or keep waiting? (ive read alot of people dont use secondarys on there wheat beers but i needed to get it out of the primary, wife wants to make another batch of root beer...:confused:)

thanks.....

Sounds like it's ready to bottle. It will probably be good to drink by the time it's carbonated (about 3 weeks). It will continue to improve for a few weeks after that.

Do yourself a favor and by two or three more primaries! ;)

Welcome to HBT!

Back