HELLO to all homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harveymoon

Reaction score
hi to all, only just found this site & im sure this is the place for me. a month ago we started brewing after a break of 20 years !!!! (been very busy) with a kitty of £200 new equipment has been bought and the fermenting bin has been working overtime the first brew is a bruton bitter, its in the barrell & gasing up nicely, we followed with a west country cider (still fermenting) will bottle the cider. the next brew will be a hamblton bard strong bitter & my question is can i use honey to replace the sugar ? recipe says 3kg of sugar will 3kg of honey do the trick ? many thanks. happy brewing. harveymoon.:mug:

Hello and welcome! I'm no expert on brewing with honey, but it certainly will work as a replacement for sugar. I know that the level of residual sweetness will vary depending on when it is added to the boil. I'm sure more knowledgable folks will weigh in...

Back