Danby Kegerator - Add a secondary Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bladefist

Reaction score
Hi, I am desperate to find a solution for this. I have the factory Regulator from my Danby Kegerator kit. Its a Draught Technologies, 1000P/100S regulator.

I have been using it for commercial beers. Now I want to add a 2nd low pressure regulator to the one that came with the kit. So I can force carbonate / Serve a homebrew keg.

Draught technogies has light heartedly indicated they use a left hand thread. What do I need to buy? Do I need to buy something that screws into my current regulator? Or buy a 2nd regulator and connect it with hose? Are the hose sizes different for homebrew and commercial beers?

Thanks in advance.

You might want to try taking your existing regulator to a welding supply shop. Ask if they can put a second valve on it.

Thanks

Is there anyway to visible recognize the threading direction on those? What is my point of reference?

Back