White haze water spots inside carboy. Help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewerRob23

Reaction score
So I washed my carboys using bbrite, I used 5 tbs for the 6 gallon carboy. It sat overnight, I rinsed three times, when they dried they have waterspot haze all over the inside! I rinsed more, when it dries it comes back, I read on here about white vinegar found 1 1/2 16oz bottles under the sink poured it in one of them with water. It sat a couple hours, more rinsing and still there. Then the local homebrew store suggested oxyclean (dollar store generic ) and still nothing has worked. Tried my carboy brush, what do I do? Are they ruined?

image-2829907126.jpg

image-3935167794.jpg

Try lemon juice and water. Then rinse it a bunch. It worked on the same type of discoloration/stain that I got on some of my wine glasses.

I'm wondering if your water is wicked hard.

If all else fails, buy a gallon jug of distilled water, dump that in one of the carboys, then mix in something acidic (the white vinegar, or a tablespoon of Star San, for example) and periodically give it a good swirling. Eventually that clouding should disappear...

Cheers!

Back