Beer + ebay = failure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So the hard part was done, fermentation chamber complete with heating/cooling capability. Now I was in search of a digital temp controller on the cheap.

The time I spent searching I was able to kill a couple Sierra extra IPA's so I was feelin loose enough to pull the trigger on the STC-1000 for $28 (from Hong Kong - insert dislike button).

16 days held in suspense only to find my ******* didn't take note that it was 220vac rather than 110vac!

So now I have to try and make this work and invest more to piece this together or cut my loss' and buy the right one.... Anyone interested in a 220vac controller, hit me up!

bummer!
I bought STC-1000 (110) when I was planning on building a keezer. That plan fell through and I now have a kegerator. I'll keep the STC for a future fermentation chamber, but that's months off.
If you'd like, I can give you this 110 while you wait for your replacement 110, then swap.

Hi,
I might use that one, I live in Denmark, but I can also get one from china for $ 27 and free shipping ..
what should I give for your's and what does it cost and have it sent to me in Denmark?
Nikolaj aka jorkim

Thanks for the offer evandena but I have to finish tiling the bathroom before I start my next batch or the SWMBO will hang me! This should suspend me two weeks before I start my next batch.

Jorkim, what postal code would I ship to? Pending the cost of shipping, I'll get it to you cheaper than what you'll pay online. Unless you anything to trade (ingredients exclusive in Denmark)?

People had that same issue months ago. There where enough to get a group buy together for replacement transformers to convert them to 110v. I think the transformers where only $2 but the minimum order was 5. Did you try contacting the seller to see if he would be willing to replace it for the proper one? Someone selling to the US should have known that 220v would not work over here.

People had that same issue months ago. There where enough to get a group buy together for replacement transformers to convert them to 110v. I think the transformers where only $2 but the minimum order was 5. Did you try contacting the seller to see if he would be willing to replace it for the proper one? Someone selling to the US should have known that 220v would not work over here.

I think this dude just picked up 5, maybe pm him for one!

"I just picked up a 5 pack today. They should be here in the next week. I need one for sure. The others are yours for my cost plus shipping. Just let me know by a PM.

I also ordered my second temp controller (a little more carefully this time haha) Hopefully I won't have to worry about this when I get the new one.

Cheers, Evan"

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/eb...roller-build-163849/index233.html#post3767832

Jorkim, what postal code would I ship to? Pending the cost of shipping, I'll get it to you cheaper than what you'll pay online. Unless you anything to trade (ingredients exclusive in Denmark)?

Here is my post code 8740, Denmark. A trade could be fun but I do not know what it should be, I have lots of snow;-)..
but if you find out what it will cost to also have it sent to me so we can figure something out ..

Back