which burner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed before, but my buddy has the tubing ordered ( works at a tubing manufacturer so it is free/ cheap!!!) to build a brew sculpture, and the wife has OK'd the purchase of two new burners. I want to build the sculpture to just set the burner on. I am totally confused over which ones to get! I am certain I want a BAYOU but no idea which one will be the best for keggles.

what about the "kick a banjo" burner?
My turkey burners work but they are SLOOOOW

I like my Banjo but I had to install heat shields for my ball valve and thermometer. Too much heat coming up the side of the kettle.

I've thought about using those burners on my MoreBeer 2050, as the originals are getting intermittent and won't stay ignited in the wind.

I've thought about using those burners on my MoreBeer 2050, as the originals are getting intermittent and won't stay ignited in the wind.

You'll get heat loss in the wind with a banjo too. You might want to consider installing shields block the wind.

You'll get heat loss in the wind with a banjo too. You might want to consider installing shields block the wind.

Good idea, looks like that is what I will have to do no matter what I choose to replace my burners with.

I wish I had remembered to invert my burners before washing down my system. The burners don't respond well to having been filled with water and allowed to sit!! :( :tank:

Back