basement bar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, thanks! That is an awesome idea! On an unrelated note, I see you are posting from Okinawa. My wife is heading to Osaka in 2 months, any brews over there she needs to bring me home?

Hey sorry, I just found this post--not sure how I missed it.

Japanese beer is basically a slightly heaver than Miller lite. My favorite is (was) Orion, which is made here in Okinawa. It is just barely heavier than Kirin/Sapporo, which are the other two big names.

I've recently learned of a brewpub here (I's pub) that supposedly gets its microbrew from Mainland but I don't know anything more.

I hope she enjoys her trip!

More importantly, how is your bar project coming? How about some pictures or even pictures of napkin sketches? Something we can comment on and give unsolicited advice! :)

Really depends on what you are wanting in a bar. Are you just wanting a surface to serve drinks on with bars stools and a kegerator/keezer or do you want a bar with a sink, extra outlets for a blender, and custom lighting.

If you just want a surface to serve drinks on, there are some great sites for premade bars that you can find with a quick 'google'. Im afraid if you are looking for the other options but don't have much skills as a craftsman it could be a long and perhaps difficult road.

I found these guys near Chicago at a home show that build beautiful custom bars in oak, cherry, walnut, maple, etc and are thousands less than any other custom builder I've found.

The beauty of it is they can build premium quality bar of any size that can be shipped and is guaranteed to fit down the basement stairs (unlike what you find at the local bar store).

By the time you build one yourself, you may find this in your price range...and without all the hassle.

Check em out at:

http://barcrafting.com/

Good Luck...let us know how it goes.

Dan

I actually did some searching on the web a little more than a year ago and found this site:

www.barplan.com

It costs about $20 for a lifetime membership. But, with that, they have very easy to follow blueprints on about 7-10 different style bars. I had no construction or carpentry experience and I built an 8' kegger bar with built in cold box. I found the plans very easy to follow and all of my friends have been very impressed with my bar.

Hope this helps.

Back