Thanksgiving + 500miles(total drive) + work on friday... = My fav. holiday... blows.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHvanBommel

Reaction score
So after 2 liters of Longhammer (I live in portsmouth, NH...) its become apparent to me that i need a few more simply for the fact that i don't want to wake up for the entirety of thanksgiving... lonelyness? yeah... i've been stuck in the middle of a few oceans a couple hundred feet below without any email to communicate to the fam... but this is the pits... surrounded by a million people and i am still horribly alone... wtf? flame away.

So after 2 liters of Longhammer (I live in portsmouth, NH...) its become apparent to me that i need a few more simply for the fact that i don't want to wake up for the entirety of thanksgiving... lonelyness? yeah... i've been stuck in the middle of a few oceans a couple hundred feet below without any email to communicate to the fam... but this is the pits... surrounded by a million people and i am still horribly alone... wtf? flame away.

I'll be working Friday too. This is the first time I'll be making a turkey dinner on my own. It is what it is.

yeah... i guess... but seriously... still feel bad.. like i said.. favorite holiday... i like this better then christmas... ya brewin' tomorrow? I am... i decided the menu for me would be hot open face turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce and 2 bottles of tequila.

2 bottles of tequila? jesus...drowning that loneliness, eh?

this is the only time of they year i see any family during a holiday, really. my aunt from the city is coming with me to visit my uncle in antioch. one afternoon of turkey and then it's back to brewing...

Fresh divorce (my idea) still hurts... + not being able to cook for the fam (I make the best turkey) = 2(Tequila)

Fresh divorce (my idea) still hurts... + not being able to cook for the fam (I make the best turkey) = 2(Tequila)

Been there dude! Tekillya just made it worse. Hungover and lonely was not fun. Instead I did something I couldn't do while married, I played video games, watched movies and drank beer. :D FREEDOM! No battles, no bitching, just chill'n.

that's why i'm brewing ;) CHEERS! B-sides.. 1 i'll killya 2 i'll killya 3 i'll killya... then i walked out the door ;) (her to me)

IMG_0321.JPG

I knew i could outlast her...

my wife and I hate each other from time to time but we made a pact to never get divorced because if one of us is miserable then we will make the other miserable and well be two miserable mother F'ers together I hate to hear people getting a divorce I love thanksgiving too I give thanks to my flatscreen tv and to all of my carboys full of potential ambrosia

god bless ya... but for all those sober times... sorry my friend. sometimes things are the way they are... not insinuating that you have to be drunk.

I hear ya there. Did the El Divorco last year and beer was my solemn friend instead of being able to cook. Me and tequila have this understanding, and that understanding is never to speak ever again.

Do a double brew day !! :D
Its a challenge and you should get 10+ gallon of beer out of the effort. All you'll get out of the tequila is a hangover.

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Craig

Thanks Craig, its no big deal, I was already contemplating the double brew day... so i will be baking a small chicken and making denny con's RYE IPA and my Ephemere clone (treblemere)

This is my take on it with a little research...
if you have a juicer/press... get 10lbs of granny smith apples...

Treblemere (ephemere clone)
18-C Belgian Tripel
Author: Broken Shoulder Brewing
Date: 10/8/08

Size: 4.0 gal
Efficiency: 75.0%
Attenuation: 75.0%
Calories: 204.01 kcal per 12.0 fl oz

Original Gravity: 1.061 (1.075 - 1.085)
Terminal Gravity: 1.015 (1.008 - 1.014)
Color: 5.24 (4.5 - 7.0)
Alcohol: 6.03% (7.5% - 9.5%)
Bitterness: 22.8 (20.0 - 40.0)

Ingredients:
3.0 lb Belgian Pils
3.0 lb American Vienna
3.5 lb Wheat Malt
2.0 oz Ultra (3.0%) - added during boil, boiled 40 min

Schedule:
Ambient Air: 70.0 °F
Source Water: 60.0 °F
Elevation: 0.0 m

Notes
Mash at 150 for an hour, collect 4 gallons at the end boil, add 1 gallon of fresh cider (treated with campden tablets) to primary, use starter from harvested ephemere bottles

Results generated by BeerTools Pro 1.5.2

Sorry it's a tough Thanksgiving for you. My ticket out of a Jack Daniels Christmas (more than once) was always to load up a pack and head into the mountains for a couple of days. Gave me something else to focus on and reminded me that s***ty times are temporary. And New Hampshire -- can't do better than that.

But of course, that was all before I learned to brew...

hahaha yeah.. plus its 30 degrees and ummm... i'm already on the tap (irish pale ale) its not all bad, i'll probably have a few tall ones then ride my bicycle somewhere, stop, puke, ride it back (I sprint everywhere i go) have a few more beers then wait for the bars to open up :)

Sorry to hear about your troubles,

careful riding that bike after drinking! Last time I did that I needed to bend some parts of my bike into their correct shape.

Enjoy the tequila though

Tough times. Sorry to hear about the troubles. Hope the best for ya. Try not to over do the Tequila (I never feel worse than a Tequila hangover) :mug:

teuila? oh ****... thats what those empties were :-D no worries, i think perhaps i shalls tick to HB today, and more GIN :)

Work tomorrow, work today. Half a frozen pizza for lunch & the other half for dinner, along with a crust-less pumpkin pie.

IMG_4977.JPG

Thank the Mark for Tannen Bomb!

Back