Best Yeast Substitute for Montrachet Yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhonda00

Reaction score
Alright, i went to the lhbs today and they were out of montrachet yeast. What do yall think would be the best substitute for it?

Hmm, I know nothing about wine, but the guy at my LHBS said that Lalvin (K1-V1116) is a great substitute for Montrachet. Is that right?

I hope so, I myself just used some Lalvin 71B-1122 in a batch of apfelwein yesterday because the guy recommended it.

You probably went the same place I did (Bacchus & Barleycorn), they told me the same thing to avoid the sulphur smells. I have used the 71B-1122 in several wines and meads now and like the results so far.

You probably went the same place I did (Bacchus & Barleycorn), they told me the same thing to avoid the sulphur smells. I have used the 71B-1122 in several wines and meads now and like the results so far.
Yep, B & B in Shawnee. Good to hear of your results. I'll have to wait and see. I hope to have something nice to share with the family at Thanksgiving! :tank:

Back