White Chocolate Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I should chip in here since i make chocolate for a living.
White chocolate does not work the same way dark chocolate dose in beer.
Since there are is cocoa mass ( the dark part ) there is minimal flavour. not the mention that most commercial cocoa butter is deodorized.
deodorized cocoa butter has 0 cocoa flavour. most of the flavour of white chocolate comes the milk and and sugar, I what I would recommend is to get hold of some non deodorized cocoa butter, use lactose to give sweetness and body then a dash of vanilla.

I think that will give more of the flavour you are looking for.
M biggest concern is how much flavour can you get from the cocoa butter? since it is a fat the only thing you get in your beer is some traces of cocoa and alot of residue.

right on aussietrev, i too make chocolate as a side job, and know what white chocolate isnt made of! i did a partial batch with lactose and vanilla and it pretty much just tasted sweet. my wheat recipe wasnt the right backbone for this combo as well. i do have cocoa butter, that i've used to make a white chocolate rose truffle that was delicious and unrepeatable because i didnt note my temperature in the recipe. how would you go about adding the cocoa butter? do you think an alcohol extract is an option?

I'm no pro but I feel like the fat would still solidify and rise once you put em in the fridge. Unless you made the tincture then put it in the freezer to take it all out. Then see if any flavor carried over into the vodka.

Back