Screw cap for 6.5 gallon carboy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddlr25

Reaction score
fwiw, 1" ID vinyl tubing fits tight inside the carboy neck, you don't need any kind of restrictive cap, and you end up with something with a very low probability of clogging...
ab_oct_15_2011_08_sm.jpg

Cheers!

I love my caps. I can put a 1/2 gallon or starsan into my carboys, cap and shake it to sanitize and just leave it there until I need to use it. Seals great and I don't have to deal with annoying stoppers. I got mine from home brew mart in San Diego about 5 years ago. They don't list it on their website any more but you might want to shoot them an email to check.

Again fwiw, Universal Carboy Bungs work great and won't accidentally drop inside the carboy.
21bFasj85NL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

You can get them solid or drilled. I use the drilled version for fermentation locks, but if I want to "seal and swish" some Star San around inside, or store a carboy between use, I trap a sandwich bag in the neck with the drilled bung. Works just fine...

Cheers!

I sent an email to Stomp Them Grapes asking for a source. I'll update the thread with my findings.

The only screw on cap I have for my acid carboy came with the carboy in 1966, the year that my carboy was made.

Homebrew HQ in Dallas has had a bin of them on clearance for as long as I have been brewing..$1.99.

I'm sure you could get them to ship them for cheap.

I have like 6 of them. Sorry no extras.

Homebrew HQ in Dallas has had a bin of them on clearance for as long as I have been brewing..$1.99.

I'm sure you could get them to ship them for cheap.

I have like 6 of them. Sorry no extras.

Thank's tealio! I contacted HQ in Dallas and they shipped me 5 screw on caps for $20.00. Not bad considering this was the only place I could find them.

I think the threaded carboys originally contained hazardous chemicals. They had to be sealed up better than just a rubber stopper in chemical labs...

Bump a dee bump dump doo.

Anyone solve the threaded 6.5 screw top puzzle. I had one.... Lost it. Any info would be appreciated

Back