What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard people say they like it better from the can. What do you think?

I enjoy drinking from a can and I think its a superior vessel in which to store beer. I also enjoy drinking from a bottle. My fiance' would argue that I prefer a glass and that I insist people use anything other than a pint glass.

So, where does that leave us? I think the cans are great for doing stuff around the yard or on the river. I am very sensitive to light struck beer... I don't like to drink APAs or IPAs outside because it kills the flavor for me (I know I know what a beer snob). This is where the can shows its true worth by blocking the light.

Can over bottle??? Not sure, never tried them side by side.

:mug:

I'll agree that a can (nowadays since we've figured out how to coat them so the beer doesn't taste like aluminum) is certainly the superior storage vessel, but I still prefer the consumation vessel to be a glass. I think that the aroma is half of the enjoyment of the beer and that helps add to the sensation of the sip. Out of a can, I don't get that same enjoyment. I'm not concerned about lightstruck beer after I pour it into a glass because it's never in the glass long enough!

Qhrumphf said:
My Jalapeno/Serrano/Habanero/Bhut Jolokia Smoked Porter (yeah, it's got em all in it, good thing I only made a gallon :mug:) while waiting on my Petite Saison to boil.

That sounds awesome! you're my hero! I love pepper beer, but haven't done it myself yet

Good luck getting some bottles. **** is good - I'm happy I got up early! Now to get some other things done so I can get back to beer later!

I was able to get a bottle of each.. By the time I got in I was so thirsty that put down 2 pints in 10 minutes. One of the St. Oner and a vision creep. Both great.

Snifter of Makers while I await steak grilling time!

image-1126061365.jpg

Went to a grad party took along these two and the rock art ESB2 was f##kin amazing and the sixty one was nice when I went out side. Then I finished them up with a Jamison on ice so nice and smooth

image-2288414642.jpg

Channel66 said:
Deep purple rauchbier. Bacon in a glass holy smoke flavor.

I'm going to try them all I think.

I love me a good rauchbier!! You should try Lavery Belfast Black Porter. That's another good smoked beer.

tyzippers said:
I can get all kinds of six point except the three beans and resin. I'm bummed.

That's a bummer. Resin is pretty good. I haven't had 3beans but I've seen it around.

tyzippers said:
I can get all kinds of six point except the three beans and resin. I'm bummed.

We had the others about a month before they got 3 beans in. Hopefully you get some, it's my favorite Six Point beer by far.

allenH said:
We had the others about a month before they got 3 beans in. Hopefully you get some, it's my favorite Six Point beer by far.

I'll have to keep an eye on the bottle shop. I did really enjoy the Bengali Tiger. Six Points just showed up in my area so this is my first experience. I'm going to go try them all!

Bottled my latest saison fg 1.003. Corked them but I'll have to get cages for them tomorrow I forgot to get them Friday. Added a sprinkle of champagne yeast to each bottle to help them carb up good. Used table sugar for priming.

ForumRunner_20130609_144650.png

ForumRunner_20130609_145218.png

Bottled my latest saison fg 1.003. Corked them but I'll have to get cages for them tomorrow I forgot to get them Friday. Added a sprinkle of champagne yeast to each bottle to help them carb up good. Used table sugar for priming.

Did you use wine corks?

Qhrumphf said:
My Oatmeal Stout while waiting for the chiller to knock off the last couple degrees. Still takes a while, even with a pre-chiller.

I feel your pain. Mine only gets to about 85, then I have to throw it in the ferm chamber for a couple of hours before pitching.

Mankato Brewery's Center Street Series #3, basically a black mild. I wasn't a fan of their Organ Grinder so much, but this one & their Haymaker IPA are outstanding.

I feel your pain. Mine only gets to about 85, then I have to throw it in the ferm chamber for a couple of hours before pitching.

Problem is I forgot to grab the ice this time. So using freezer packs, but don't have enough to make a huge difference. Was able to get it to 73 pretty quickly, but can't get it lower than that. I don't like pitching that high, even on a Saison, but it's not the end of the world.

Billy-Klubb said:
I just had NoKato's Citra Blond. my wife tasted it and said, "Wow, you guys have the same taste." I see that as 2 compliments.

Hell yah! I'm thrilled its tasty ! Rose hip Saison is on the near horizon! Can.not.wait!!!!

InityBrew said:
St. Oner.... From Tired Hands

Citrus explosion. Looks like grapefruit juice.

Also, anyone want a bottle of Only Void? I ended up with two bottles of the regular stout. Let me know.

I'm interested, sent you a PM. Also, drinking some Wild Turkey Honey.

NIZZLE said:
Yummy wild Turkey with honey is good but I just had crown royal maple and O.M.G.

I've been thinking about picking up that Crown Royal Maple. I really enjoy the infused stuff like this for what it is. By no means is it incredible bourbon but its tasty! :D

Back