What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double pour of Gandhi-bot. Awww yeah!

1403320712623.jpg

Having a Birdsong Brewery Lazybird Brown Ale...after a few hoppy IPAs and pale ales, this is really nice. Photos suck in bars, especially if you want to be inconspicuous and not use a flash...sorry. Anyway, great balance on the toasty and malt flavors...would this be "biscuit"? I dunno. Just enough sweet...not overdone. Getting a nice bittering in the finish. No hoppy aroma, which is probably appropriate for the style. I'm digging' it.

IMAG3107.jpg

Jealous. I need some next time I visit home.

Just poured a bottle of Molotov Cocktail from Evil Twin. Bought it maybe in February, never had it before, so no idea how close it is to the way it is fresh. Also a little chunky.

After spending 17 hours at the hospital for a procedure that was only supposed to take 3 hours....I'm finally home enjoying my first Gose. I can see how this stuff is addicting.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403322173.723010.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

After spending 17 hours at the hospital for a procedure that was only supposed to take 3 hours....I'm finally home enjoying my first Gose. I can see how this stuff is addicting.
View attachment 206893

Damn, that sucks, hope everyone's ok.

Drinking water way too early on a Saturday morning

Water at work. But I've decided to spend the last 30 minutes or so here planning tomorrow's brew day.

For you guys who spend some effort on getting your water right, do you use one of the spreadsheets? Which one? I get very different outputs from Bru'n Water than with EZ Water and I am leaning towards thinking EZ Water is the more accurate (based on how much closer it estimated my mash pH on the last brew).

I think you have to do what works best for you. Bru'in has always been right on for me. I love the adjustability of it all. I'm still impressed with it. Bru'in makes EZ look like a toy.

I think you have to do what works best for you. Bru'in has always been right on for me. I love the adjustability of it all. I'm still impressed with it. Bru'in makes EZ look like a toy.

But the only place where they differ in my calculations is pH (I start with RO water, so have no idea how they do with an existing water profile). Two brews in a row now, the only two in which I've had a pH meter, BW missed by a mile and EZ was dead on.

EDIT: I'm open to the idea that I'm doing something wrong in BW but the outputs are identical other than pH. Of course, they tell me different ranges are ideal but that's not a calculation issue.

For now, I'm going to continue to use both but will rely in EZ Water when pH is different.

Coffee.
Slept better last night, but love/hate relationship with apfelwein.

Boil over!

Drinking coffee. Thought about a beer but decided to trade the dirty looks from the wife for some judgment free beer and cigar time later.

Boil over!

Drinking coffee. Thought about a beer but decided to trade the dirty looks from the wife for some judgment free beer and cigar time later.

Ah I hate that!!!

Wife: "Why do you need to bring so much beer"

Me: "Because"

Boil over!

Just show her the photographs in The Complete Joy of Homebrewing. It's in the "directions" that you drink at every step.

LOL yeah I hear that.

Switching to water. Think I'll make up a batch of lemonade and ice tea for later.

Back