A Brewing Dilemma!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brentt03

Reaction score
So, I just got some new grains in and man am I itchin' to brew today!

But here is my dilemma! I have 2 carboys, and a fermenting bucket, 2 airlocks, but ONE carboy stopper!!!

I currently have a brew in Carboy A but Carboy B is empty as well as the bucket, so...do I wait and try to get a stopper sometime this week (have to order so it will be a few days) or do I do some racking and get a brew going??

I think my best bet is to start fermenting this new beer in the bucket, when the stopper comes in (after a week), rack to secondary carboy....so essentially one of my brews has to be in a secondary.

The first one, will be dry hopped so I could do that one in a secondary.

Ahhhh so many decisions!!! lol :D

If you have a fermenting bucket, I would just brew and throw it in there! I always do my primary in an 8 gallon bucket and then rack to a 5 gal carboy for secondary. So by the time this one is done in primary, you'll either have a new carboy stopper or you'll have freed up the other carboy.

I would use the bucket, give it a couple weeks (minimum) and then transfer and dry hop.

go to the local home depot. I am sure you can find something there. Get a regular plug for a shower and put a hole in it.

Back