Blichmann burner with 21" pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mo_feezy

Reaction score
I have a blichmann burner with the leg extensions. I am hoping to buy a new pot in a few weeks. I am looking at a 15 gallon or a 20 gallon like the ones northern brewer sells. NB lists the 20 gallon as 21" across (dia). The blichmann burner has these pot catch things that I guess only go up to 20" across. An email to blichmann confirmed this.

Has anyone used a pot with a 21" diameter on a blichmann burner? Did you modify it? remove the catches? any ideas?

I was really hoping for a 20, but I may just have to settle for a 15 or look at a different brand.

If you are talking about the 20g megapot from NB. I have that exact same setup, and it fits perfectly with no modifications. My brewpot actually measure 20.5" at the top where the lip is roller outward. It tapers in a little on the bottom.

These posts are exactly what I hope to hear. Thanks all of you. I'm pretty sure it's the same pot that NB uses, so it should work. If not, I'll skip using the guides. Cheers!

If you are getting the 20 gal, u might as well get the 25 gal. Its like only marginally more, and 2 inch taller, same width.
The two inch just saves boil overs.

"Megapots" are manufactured in china and their generic name is sps-XXX(where XXX is number of QTS.(25 gal is sps-100, 20 gal is sps-80 etc). They are widely distributed across the world to cooking stores. Northern brewer adds the weldless fitting and calls it a megapot. If you dont want a weldless fitting, I would go with a regular cooking equipment distributor. Search for sps-100 stainless on google. Here is the best price I found after 10 seconds of searching, but a better price probably exists. http://www.peoplesrestaurantequipco.com/update-international-sps-100-100-quart-stock-pot/

I bought my sps-100 locally here in london ontario canada for 183 plus tax at Storey Auctions. They gave me a sweet deal!

These pots are amazing pots, which ever you choose im sure you wont be disappointed.

Back