Connex brewhouse project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWibble

Reaction score
Hey all. Bought a used 20 ft shipping container to rig up to be a sweet brewhouse. I linned the walls in 3/4 inch styrafoam panels and studded the interior up. Gotta run by the box store and pick up an exterior door. I only want to close the doors when the weather is going to be bad so I'm building a wall just inside the main doors to hold the window a/c unit and a normal door. I don't put as much time into it as I'd like because it's absurdly hot in Texas right now. I'll stick more pics on as it comes together. P.s. If your a framer please don't laugh

image.jpg

As someone who has "been there", modifying the inside is pleasing to the eye but if I had it to do again, i would insulate and put siding on the outside of the box. I live near vegas and the sun beats on the metal and the heat radiates through the styrafoam and its still very uncomfortable inside even with a small window type ac unit, shading the box is by far more effective at cooling the connex!

As someone who has "been there", modifying the inside is pleasing to the eye but if I had it to do again, i would insulate and put siding on the outside of the box. I live near vegas and the sun beats on the metal and the heat radiates through the styrafoam and its still very uncomfortable inside even with a small window type ac unit, shading the box is by far more effective at cooling the connex!

Did you try painting the outside of the connex with something like this?

http://m.lowes.com/pd/Kool-Seal-Reflective-Roof-Coatings/3033995

Well this weekend was quite productive. I set my electrical panel and pulled all of my circuits. I have a dedicated circuits for my brewery, fermenter, and kegorator (all yet to be built). I bought a good size 100a panel so plenty of room. Plus a circuit for my tig welder. Last thing I did today was stick up a piece of sheet rock. That parts gonna suck because my stud job was not perfect. Oh well, it's still progress.

image.jpg

Back