What're you all brewing today or this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Llarian

Reaction score
Getting ready to mash-in a Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye clone myself. I love the smell of rye malt, and couldn't ask for a more beautiful day here in the usually rainy northwest.
:mug:

-D

I did a Maple Brown Ale yesterday. The sap all ran a couple weeks back and I got gifted a couple gallons of the stuff. Soon berries will be in season and then its time for some nice wheats.

I'm making a pale ale using all DME for the first time. It's also the first beer where I actually designed the recipe myself. Bought a brand new immersion chiller today as well.

Since I brewed a czech Pilsner last week I think I'll brew a vienna or an alt. Maybe an IPA, but I think I'll go with a vienna or alt like beer Sunday.

Though my plan to add a sight utbe to my boil keggle was scuttled so I have to do that first. I was changing a connector on the air compressor and noticed that there was a crack in the manifold. Those small compressors all seem to use a cheap cast one pice manifold/regulator. So I either plug off one end with epoxy or buy a regulater and manifold and rebuild it all.

Hmm.. I think I need a beer..

I put an Arrogant Bastard clone into the keg, transferred my blackberry Melomel to the secondary (15%, damn), and brewed 10 gallons of porter.

I've been needing to do this **** for a while.

Well mines 10 gallons. I took the valve and bazooka screen route. Of course now that I spent the money on the pot I have a line on a couple kegs that will be getting converted. for the past three months I couldn't find a keg to save my life...thats how it goes:drunk:

Willsellout said:
Well mines 10 gallons. I took the valve and bazooka screen route. Of course now that I spent the money on the pot I have a line on a couple kegs that will be getting converted. for the past three months I couldn't find a keg to save my life...thats how it goes:drunk:
You and I have a lot in common. I, too, have a (legal) keg in the mail right now. I had given up on one until Dude lent an awesome helping hand.

Well, added a sight tube to my boil kettle so I could see where the damn 40L mark is at. Hockey game on at 5pm so I will be brewing tomorrow instead.

Damn. I just remembered what the other two projects I wanted to work on regarding my brew setup were. Damn memory. I need to rebuild my grinder. I bought a new roller and want to replace one of thr rollers I have now, but I have to build a new case for it. The other was fly sparge arm.

Bottled an IPA and brewing another. (The second one is a bit of a mish mash of leftovers - but BEER IS BEER!!!!)

Here's the recipe:

4lbs LME
3.5lbs DME
3/4lb Crystal 15L
1/4lb Crystal 75L
1/4lb Carapils
1oz Chinook @ 60min
1oz Chinook @ 40min
1oz Willamette 10min
1 3/4oz Cascade 1min
CA Wyeast (My first attempt at a harvest - not to hard to do!!!)

Should be pretty tasty!!!

I LOVE HOPS!!!!

Drinking and brewing and watching baseball is the way to go!!!!!!

Brewing a Belgian Honey Blonde Ale on Saturday. Probably bottling my heffe too. I may bottle on Wednesday instead, depends on the gravity and my ambition.

I did a Mild on Saturday morning and now I'm stressing about the lack of bubbles.
I think I will be doing starters or dry from now on just to reduce the stress.

Craig

Dennys Fine Consumptibles said:
still torn between an Alt vs Vienna (and now) vs IPA-Like-Amber

I vote IPA-like amber. My best beer ever was an IPA with a bunch of Munich malt that gave it a real nice malt backbone and a great color, without being too sweet. I love hoppy reds/ambers.

Back