The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought puerile was a hand sanitizer.You can drink it in a pinch.

Known locally as a Kitty Dukakis.

All of them there fancy initials I scribble after my name when I sign stuff at work recommend strongly that you don’t.

Unless you’re from Norton. If that is the case, ‘Would you like some more?”

I just had to have actual conversation with my 20-something spawn about the sheer unadulterated awesomeness of Clapton/Kravitz All Along The Watchtower.

What the heck are they actually teaching for music in schools these days?

Ok, so Gibbet Hill is booked solid this weekend but the Forge & Vine just around the hillside has openings.
Looks solid enough, has outdoor seating is the weather is amenable.
Anyone ever do dinner there?

Cheers!

Ok, so Gibbet Hill is booked solid this weekend but the Forge & Vine just around the hillside has openings.
Looks solid enough, has outdoor seating is the weather is amenable.
Anyone ever do dinner there?

Cheers!

I've thought about it many times as we cruise by, but we so seldom eat out. i will be interested in hearing your opinion on the forge & vine and maybe cue it up for a dinner out with the wife. Right now I'm trying to think of ways to get her on that hiking trail up to see the remains of the lodge. Maybe dinner after would do the trick...

That's still the plan, Saturday is s'posed to be nice.
Assuming the Spousal Unit is over the summer cold my sister brought back from DC (long story with an infant and a 96 yo mother involved) a review shall follow...

Cheers!

I just had to have actual conversation with my 20-something spawn about the sheer unadulterated awesomeness of Clapton/Kravitz All Along The Watchtower.

Any music with Clapton involved in any way is, by definition, the best music ever.

QED.

I’m thinking the first weekend in October for Masstoberfest but there are some life circumstances that may throw a spanner into to works. Spawn #1 is due to spawn herself two or so weeks afterwards. Yes, the human gene pool will continue to need a healthy dose of sodium hypochlorite.

More concerning is my MIL’s health, she’s been unwell lately and at + 90 anything is a potential problem.

All that said, I don’t want to cancel Masstoberfest, for some inexplicable reason I like seeing all of you guys once a year. Certainly no more frequently than that, but once a year I can put up with.

So mark the date in your calendar but write it in pencil. Updates to follow

I've thought about it many times as we cruise by, but we so seldom eat out. i will be interested in hearing your opinion on the forge & vine and maybe cue it up for a dinner out with the wife. Right now I'm trying to think of ways to get her on that hiking trail up to see the remains of the lodge. Maybe dinner after would do the trick...
That spot on the side of the road you spoke about is a good place to park. It's probably less than a qtr of a mile up a little bit of a grade to make it to the remains and to the top of the hill. It's nice. It's got a good view of the sunset along with all the church bells in the area going off. People actually hang out to watch it since it's such a quick walk down after sundet. Stop by at Groton Market. They usually have a good selection of beer.

I haven't gone to Gibbett in years. Love the food and use to hang out at the bar but the crowds are insane. Haven't hit the Vine yet. The menu seems a little limited.

Last edited:

music major criticizing actual musicians...punch yourself in the face. NOW!

Hoppy, you really think anyone is teaching Clapton in school? I’d be inclined to tell you what you can do with your comment, but I’m too nice a person to actually tell you.

What does that even mean; teaching Clapton? Out of curiosity..what does a music degree get a person?...besides a-hole comments on the internet :D

Last edited:
Hoppy, you really think anyone is teaching Clapton in school? I’d be inclined to tell you what you can do with your comment, but I’m too nice a person to actually tell you.

I completely acquiesce to music being, like food, or <shudder> beer, extremely personal taste. I have a masters in experimental solid state physics and could not handle some music theory in college, and by nature, I am a math guy. I would be shocked if they really did a jack black school of rock teach-zepellin in school thing (seriously? immigrant song? c'mon).

I did have my first, uncontrollable, grade a, toenails sweating, crush on the gal that sat in front of me during 7th grade music when we all had to labor with plastic recorders through Fur Elise. Apropos of nothing, really, been drinking to go with buffalo blue cheese burgers...

What does that even mean; teaching Clapton? Out of curiosity..what does a music degree get a person?...besides a-hole comments on the internet :D

When one studies music, even in high school, they are typically spending most of the allotted time learning about the great composers (think Mozart and Vivaldi, to name a couple) and the different periods (think Baroque and Romantic). On occasion high school music teachers included a little popular music to keep kids interested. BTW teaching is what one can expect to do for a living with a music degree, that and perhaps playing in a philharmonic part time if one is particularly talented, but not YoYo Ma talented. He makes a living playing.

Yeah, so I didn’t see myself loving high school enough to go back and teach in one, where I would literally be the adult in the room. Switched majors after the first year. Aren’t you glad you asked? :rolleyes:

When one studies music, even in high school, they are typically spending most of the allotted time learning about the great composers (think Mozart and Vivaldi, to name a couple) and the different periods (think Baroque and Romantic). On occasion high school music teachers included a little popular music to keep kids interested. BTW teaching is what one can expect to do for a living with a music degree, that and perhaps playing in a philharmonic part time if one is particularly talented, but not YoYo Ma talented. He makes a living playing.

Yeah, so I didn’t see myself loving high school enough to go back and teach in one, where I would literally be the adult in the room. Switched majors after the first year. Aren’t you glad you asked? :rolleyes:

I'll keep this post saved for next time I need a nap.

I completely acquiesce to music being, like food, or <shudder> beer, extremely personal taste. I have a masters in experimental solid state physics and could not handle some music theory in college, and by nature, I am a math guy. I would be shocked if they really did a jack black school of rock teach-zepellin in school thing (seriously? immigrant song? c'mon).

That surprises me. A solid understanding of math is essential to understanding music.

That surprises me. A solid understanding of math is essential to understanding music.
I think my brain liked equations and not things like the Coltrane chnages, which by their nature are very precise mathematical creations, but in practice just make my cerebral cortex lock up and my spleen twitch.

I pretty much retired this March and have since had occasion to kick back in my comfy chair with an e-book and a beer which invariably leads to a half hour nap.

It's a wonderful thing to just check out for awhile...

Cheers!

I think my brain liked equations and not things like the Coltrane chnages, which by their nature are very precise mathematical creations, but in practice just make my cerebral cortex lock up and my spleen twitch.

I just read a trial they’re doing over at Man’s Greatest Hobstable on the dreaded twitching spleen syndrome. They inject a combination of Rhesus monkey jizz and turpentine into your eyeballs while you listen to Miles Davis. They say it works. You should look into that.

Great music as much about the space in between the notes as it is about the notes themselves.

giphy.gif

I just read a trial they’re doing over at Man’s Greatest Hobstable on the dreaded twitching spleen syndrome. They inject a combination of Rhesus monkey jizz and turpentine into your eyeballs while you listen to Miles Davis. They say it works. You should look into that.

You can always be counted on to look after your fellow man, and find a way to work monkey jizz into the conversation.

Anybody here ever wonder what the effin point there is in going on, other than inertia?

OK, the beer is OK, that may have to suffice, for now...

Back