World of Beer now open in Coconut Creek, FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampassJ

Reaction score
Nice layout inside with the bar and the live band upstairs. Tons of taps, hundreds of bottles. WAY WAY WAY overcrowded on a Friday Night. There must of been an easy 300 people inside this place and another 50+ outside.

They serve it all in the right glass atleast and the taps I had tasted AMAZING. Few tables outside, I have no idea what was inside because from the door to the bar it was nothing but people. I basically said screw this and started moving people on my way out.

They don't serve food to my knowledge but the restaurants surrounding it will deliver to you or so someone told me. I wasn't able to strike up any conversation with bar staff due to how busy it was, and generally even with 6 or more people manning just for beer it was slow to get service due to the amount of people inside.

Beer was a bit pricey, I was paying $5 a draft but I got to try some things like Shipyards Fuggle IPA and something else I forget at this time. They also do special cards where you get points on every purchase towards a coupon or something and they do specials on certain days and certain times.

Unfortunately I will NOT be going back on a busy night again. I would love to go there 3 or 4pm in the afternoon and hope it would be quieter but I hate loud over crowded bars. I want to sit and savor and talk, not push and shove and shout.

As of right now I give the variety a 10, the ambiance inside (9pm Friday night) a 2/10, outside a 5/10. Service 6/10.

I'm going to try to get around to it sometimes this week or next week to see if it's worth going back to. I can tell you now this place is going to make it big in it's location. Even though Buffalo's is 20 feet away with 20 taps, they only have 3 or so craft options and they cost as much. No other bars near it. Downside is it's literally in the path of every high school student leaving the high school and walking home east so I hope they don't get shut down.

Made a stop on Thursday again around 9pm and it was much better inside. The entire bar top was fully seated already, every inside/outside table was in use but there was freaking room to move and time to talk here and there with the bartenders.

Honestly I will give it a try again this week during the afternoon for a beer or two. But the atmosphere compared to the Friday before was 1000X better. Downside is they already killed the Stone RIS tap before I could suckle from it.

They are opening up a couple of these in my area. Closest is near UCF. I'll have to drop by some late afternoon before the college kids get out of bed.

I went to the one in Coconut Creek the weekend they opened, it was way crowded. It's calmed down a little since. I've also been to the one in Tampa off Bruce B Downs.

WOB is definitely my favorite franchise bar, they have over 500 beers to choose from.

I record my reviews at WOB every Saturday at noon. I'd love to meet up with some fellow HBTers. It is usually pretty empty at that time.

Back