My First Label (not dial-up safe)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the label.... Nice and simple. If you do a whole series with a similar style, you would have an easily recognizable brand.

But... MAN, you should enable compression on that image. With as much relatively mono-tone green as there is on it, there is no reason that the jpg (even at that large resolution) should be over 100kb!

-walker

Yep, that's a fat graphic. I saved it and ran it through the optimizer from PaintShop Pro X and here it is at 62K.

WatershipStoutLabelOptimized.jpg

EdWort said:
Yep, that's a fat graphic. I saved it and ran it through the optimizer from PaintShop Pro X and here it is at 62K.
Ok... I'm going to use my Mod Powers to remove the original image.

Scream if you have an issue with that, trinitone, and I'll put the original back in.

-walker

Well, I was about to replace the image, but that's fine. What can I say? As someone who does a lot of print design all day, I tend to overdo it sometimes. :D

Interesting, I hadn't seen this before. I like the play on Watership Down.

OK so, what do you folks use for paper?

trinitone said:
Well, I was about to replace the image, but that's fine. What can I say? As someone who does a lot of print design all day, I tend to overdo it sometimes. :D

Where do you work that you do print design?

zoebisch01 said:

Thanks. It's very subtle, but washed behind the green is a shot from the movie of the down. As far as paper, I am just using avery labels. The half sheet size fits just about perfectly on a 1-liter flip top. That's what I'm using for gift bottles. If I want something smaller, I can always just cut them down.

trinitone said:
Thanks. It's very subtle, but washed behind the green is a shot from the movie of the down. As far as paper, I am just using avery labels. The half sheet size fits just about perfectly on a 1-liter flip top. That's what I'm using for gift bottles. If I want something smaller, I can always just cut them down.

Ahh yeah, now that I step back from the screen I see it.

zoebisch01 said:

I used thick sketch paper that was laser printer safe... it was a great weight, and i think turned out nice...

good.jpg

I just used regular copy paper. It was the only thing that I had that would stick to the bottles. The ones printed on glossy paper really looked good though.
2967-PumpkinAleLabel.jpg
2967-FinishedPumpkinAleBottle.jpg

aekdbbop said:
I used thick sketch paper that was laser printer safe... it was a great weight, and i think turned out nice...

good.jpg

What happens if the paper gets wet?

I've been having trouble finding glossy paper for my epson 2200 that wont ruin if beer is spilled on it.

fixer12oz said:
What happens if the paper gets wet?

I've been having trouble finding glossy paper for my epson 2200 that wont ruin if beer is spilled on it.

Spill Beer?? HOW DARE!!! Alcohol Abuse if I ever seen it.. You mean you can't find paper that won't ruin when the ice in the cooler melts.
I have heard some people on here talk about sprays they use to make the lables more waterproof but I can't remember any of them right now.. a search might help..

SpamDog

Back