So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11 gallons of Summer Ale, What-if Version, c.1830
12 lbs Maris Otter
4 lbs Pilsener
2 lbs American Wheat
2 lbs unrefined sugar
5 oz Perle at 60 mins
4 oz East Kent, .5 oz crushed coriander, .5 oz candied ginger at 5 mins
English Ale Yeast for half, Dry English Ale Yeast for the other half.

Should be interesting!

This weekend will be variations on the IPA theme. I will be making a rye IPA and also an India Black Ale.

Whenever I open my fridge I am hit with the most amazing wall of hops aroma...

Brewing Nilos 3rd attempt Blue Moon clone. Eventhough there's still snow on the ground in some spots here in Michigan!

Have an ESB lined up for friday night and I might also try to get another batch in on sunday. If I can brew again on Sunday i'll be brewing a Hopped up American Amber.

just did a nice amarillo pale ale yesterday...glad the winter is over :)

9lb 2-row
.5lb 20L
.5lb flaked wheat

1oz mag @ (pellets) 60
.25oz amarillo @ (leaf) 15
.25oz amarillo @ (leaf) 5
.5oz amarillo @ (leaf) 0

pitched on 05 cake from a citra pale ale ...@ 62F

Brewing a Munich Smash Ale using cluster hops this weekend, we'll see how it comes out.

Me!

Right now infact just made my IPA for the summer. oz of cent, sim, cascade added bit by bit over the last 30 minutes.

Unfortuantly I do partial boils, and I guess its warmer today cause I missed my pitching temp by a MASSIVE 15 degrees celcius!

So, its currently sitting in the kitchen sink with a little cold water trickling around it, hopefully it reaches about 20 degrees within the next hour.

fingers crossed!

I had some friends over last night, and we bottled a Vienna/cascade smash. I'm brewing up Jamil's black widow porter on Sunday.

Ill be brewing 3 brews this weekend. I need to get ready for summer. Plus they are kits. So a lot easier than mashing.
Octane IPA
Boundary Waters Wheat
Grand Cru

Doing a strawberry blonde for a work friend who is on leave because her and her husband just had a baby. I told her it'll be ready for her when she comes back from leave. Should be about six weeks.

Got my extract kits from AHS. Plan to bang out the lemon wheat tonight with the swmbo offering to "help" an try to learn the process. She makes starters for the stir plate already while I'm working. Got 15-18 hrs to work over the next two days so I might try to get in a wine kit and a kolsch as well. I don't like to sleep much... Haha

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Just finished up Yooper's oatmeal stout. Only got 70% eff. - think my homemade crusher is crapping out (used to get 82-85% eff.) Might add some sugar mid-fermentation.

Bottling a Ginger Ale tonight, then probably brewing an IPA with some combination of Falconer's, Chinook, and Centennial just for the hell of it.

Hoping to make a second take on a bitter. Not sure if it will happen or not, swmbo has family in town, so maybe Sunday afternoon after they leave. This'll be my second time with this all grain setup, so hopefully I can get my boil-off rate right!

Doing a partial mash Speckled Heifer kit from NB on Sunday and trying to resist the IPA I bottled a week and a half ago...

Doing my 5th AG batch Sunday. not sure what I'm going to do yet. Probably something simple that will be ready sort of fast. Open to suggestions if anyone has a good one!

I am brewing 5.5 gallons of porter tomorrw for my friends wedding which is in mid may. I was going to do it tonight, but my propane tank is practically empty. Will have to wait til tomorrow morning

I bottled my first batch last night! A lager that came with my set - I am already itching to buy new equipment...cant wait to taste the final product in 3 weeks to the day!!!

I don't know what I am brewing this Sunday, but I got my starter ready to go. Wlp001 is the yeast I have, what should I brew?

I got copious amounts of:

2 row
Pale malt
White wheat
C 150
C 40
C80
C15
Roast
Choc.
Black patent
Biscuit
Honey malt
Victory
Aromatic, malt

Hops:
Cascade
Cennrenial
Chinook
Hallateaur
Glacier
Northern brewer
I haven't made up my mind.

Tomorrow: Kölsch
Sunday: Bitter
Monday: Porter
Tuesday: Barleywine

:ban:

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

An IPA with Yakima Magnum, Mt. Hood, and Cascade tomorrow. Keg of stout just went dry watching the replay of Twins homeopener!

Brewing my Oktoberfest recipe tomorrow, and kicked a keg of Northern Brewer's Caribou Slobber (great beer btw), so looks like it's time to do another batch of that as well. Most popular brew amongst the family and friends here...

Back