plastic barrel fermenter 10 gal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmuench

Reaction score
These might make a sweet fermenter. Awesome price.

!Bn8wtWg!mk~$(KGrHqIH-EIEtrH8,T5nBLll2(sUpg~~_35.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/Plastic-Drum-Barrel-Container-Keg-Screw-Top-10-Gallon-/250701231298?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5ef534c2

Similar to the ones Greg uses www.mullerbrau.com just a bit smaller (10 vs 15 gal).

I own a couple of these (red top) but havent used them yet. They both have a gasket in the lid so they should seal nicely.

The red top ones have handles with are nice cuz those babies are heavy when full of water!!

Fermenter2.JPG

LOL

This is actually a 9 Gallon Heavy Duty Plastic Drum made out of HDPE. (sorry, buy nobody searches for a 9 gallon drum)

Who would buy from a guy who lies about his product right up front!

LOL

This is actually a 9 Gallon Heavy Duty Plastic Drum made out of HDPE. (sorry, buy nobody searches for a 9 gallon drum)

Who would buy from a guy who lies about his product right up front!
No kidding? Wow thx for the insight.

The only thing wrong with these has already been mentioned- no handles. I use the US Plastics 7 gallon buckets, which have a neoprene O-ring type gasket in the lid, and do provide a positive seal. And the handle for transporting clinches the deal. My main motive in getting these was the 1/2 gal. extra headspace, which works like a charm to prevent foamouts......no blowoff tube necessary. I got three (with lids, which can be ordered in a variety of colors to distinguish one fermenter from another) for about $32 delivered......

Latest posts

Back