Is this real life?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a recent thread that referenced that board.

Search for chicken tractor.

Forum for chickens only, stay away, you won't be accepted there. That and you won't undersatnd a word they are saying.

If you've got chickens or are thinking about getting into raising chickens its a good forum. Urban and suburban chicken raising as a cottage industry has been increasing at an incredible rate over the last 4 years. Its now a social trend to have chickens in your backyard. I know because the wife and kids got sucked into buying chickens last spring. We got our week old chicks from the NJchickenman out in Jackson, NJ. He told us that 4 years ago he moved only about 20k birds a year mostly to specialty farmers and organic farms that were sprouting up. This year he will move 75k birds and is at capacity for what his system can handle. He said the number of families who want to raise pet chickens for their eggs seems to be endless.

I also think that people also want to hedge their bets against the looming economic meltdown/race wars/zombiepocalypse by having food running around their own yards.

If you've got chickens or are thinking about getting into raising chickens its a good forum. Urban and suburban chicken raising as a cottage industry has been increasing at an incredible rate over the last 4 years. Its now a social trend to have chickens in your backyard. I know because the wife and kids got sucked into buying chickens last spring. We got our week old chicks from the NJchickenman out in Jackson, NJ. He told us that 4 years ago he moved only about 20k birds a year mostly to specialty farmers and organic farms that were sprouting up. This year he will move 75k birds and is at capacity for what his system can handle. He said the number of families who want to raise pet chickens for their eggs seems to be endless.

I also think that people also want to hedge their bets against the looming economic meltdown/race wars/zombiepocalypse by having food running around their own yards.

At least one of the guys in my homebrew club has a decent sized flock and is constantly trying to convert the rest of us... I'd be almost willing to be he's an active member of that forum.

Back