What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee. Got awakened by the phone in the middle of the night with news that a friend/shirt-tail relative had been killed in a car accident.

That's a shame, sorry to hear that.

On a brighter note, I am getting my RV out of storage tomorrow and taking the family on a little excursion for Father's Day weekend.

Sounds like fun, where you going?

I'm drinking the milk out of my bowl of cereal :ban:

Sounds like fun, where you going?

I'm drinking the milk out of my bowl of cereal :ban:

Staying fairly local. Just an hour or two drive from home. We have gone on as many as 12 "trips" in one summer. I live to be in the RV out in the woods somewhere near a decent fishing hole or a beach. Can't wait to get thing home tomorrow and start getting her packed up and ready for the road.

Coffee. Got awakened by the phone in the middle of the night with news that a friend/shirt-tail relative had been killed in a car accident.

On a brighter note, I am getting my RV out of storage tomorrow and taking the family on a little excursion for Father's Day weekend.

Sorry to hear man - never good news. Have fun this weekend though!

Sorry to hear about your friend. I'll have a homebrew thinking about you after work today.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Sorry for the loss.
And have a great time with your family on the trip. Some of my fondest memories are of camping/vacationing with my family as a kid. I can't wait to start taking my daughter camping.

Some of my fondest memories are of camping/vacationing with my family as a kid. I can't wait to start taking my daughter camping.

That's what I tell people. You can spend a fortune taking your kids a once a year vacation to someplace like Disney, but my kids have been to Disney and I am convinced that when they get older most of their fond childhood memories are going to involve campfires, fishing, rainy days playing board games in the RV, etc. Not to mention, there is no better way to get away and not worry about yard work or real work for a few days while grilling, drinking beer, smoking cigars and drowning a few worms.

EDIT: camping is the best "forced" family together time there is.

Sorry about that, it's never easy
I can't wait to start taking my daughter camping.
Same here!

That's what I tell people. You can spend a fortune taking your kids a once a year vacation to someplace like Disney, but my kids have been to Disney and I am convinced that when they get older most of their fond childhood memories are going to involve campfires, fishing, rainy days playing board games in the RV, etc. Not to mention, there is no better way to get away and not worry about yard work or real work for a few days while grilling, drinking beer, smoking cigars and drowning a few worms.

+1 my best vacation memories of when I was a child are the ones that seem to be the cheapest/simplest. Plus we had Euro Disney :(

Amen. I love camping with the family. Great way to relax, even if it is with all of the in-laws. About one month til we go for a week. :D

Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Just finished some coffee and out on my first appointment of the day.

My condolences for your loss. Will have beer(s) in their memory for you after work.

Do enjoy the trip. Make sure to find a place without cell reception. Makes for an electronics free trip which means actual family togetherness time.

Murg, today is like some sort of concentrated Monday. It is not even noon yet and I really want a beer or three.

Staying fairly local. Just an hour or two drive from home. We have gone on as many as 12 "trips" in one summer. I live to be in the RV out in the woods somewhere near a decent fishing hole or a beach. Can't wait to get thing home tomorrow and start getting her packed up and ready for the road.

Nice! Enjoy

I can't wait to start taking my daughter camping.

I took my son (just turned 2) "camping" in the tent in the back yard. He lasted until 10 and then asked to go back to sleep in his crib, haha. Breaking him in slowly.

Same here!

You can't wait to take Wes' daughter camping?? :confused: ;)

Nice! Enjoy

I took my son (just turned 2) "camping" in the tent in the back yard. He lasted until 10 and then asked to go back to sleep in his crib, haha. Breaking him in slowly.

You can't wait to take Wes' daughter camping?? :confused: ;)

We were tent people until my wife got pregnant with #3, then we bought the first RV. We took my youngest "camping" (if there is an RV involved, I'm not 100% sure I call it camping) when she was 2 weeks old. The kids will be begging to sleep in the RV in the driveway when I bring it home tomorrow night.

Condolences Ridire, that stuff is no fun but I am envious of your rv trip coming up. My best childhood memories are camping out at the lake. I need to get my kids out this summer, but head north to get out of the heat

Nothing like a beer and some pills? ;)

Lol I didn't think about that it's my daughter's meds I keep out haha but yeah that's fun too here is my latest brew plan to dry hop both never tried that technique before though

1402331895721.jpg

Great memories. As soon as we saw the RV, we wanted to sleep in it. Those crazy adults didn't understand that, to a bunch of kids, it didn't matter that it was parked in the driveway. It was still better than the bedroom inside the house. ;)

Drinking more coffee as I make plans to work my part time weekend gig.

What will you do if your daughter goes to the "wrong" college in Florida and wears a UF shirt instead of a FSU shirt? :cool:

Water. This day is lagging.

It could be worse. She could go to Texas A&M. I never can understand why their logo reads like they are into some rather hrmmm kinda things. Or maybe I am just one whose mind is in the gutter.

Nothing against the school, I just wouldnt want my daughter (if I had one) advertising what the letters being out of order can stand for.

That would definitely be a big mistake! >>---Go Noles---->

Probably. We wouldn't want anyone to mistake her college t-shirt for something she could get at Wal-mart. :D :ban: I'd go with FSU over UF anyway if I had to choose a school in Florida. Thank goodness I don't though!

Water with aspirin. Next will be beer if the aspirin doesn't work.

Probably. We wouldn't want anyone to mistake her college t-shirt for something she could get at Wal-mart. :D :ban: I'd go with FSU over UF anyway if I had to choose a school in Florida. Thank goodness I don't though!

Water with aspirin. Next will be beer if the aspirin doesn't work.

Didn't know my signature would cause such an outrage. Oh wait, I did :ban:

Didn't know my signature would cause such an outrage. Oh wait, I did :ban:

No outrage at all. You really don't think that, do you? I mean it's arrogant and seriously misguided. Better schools than FSU have shirts you can get at Wal-mart, but no outrage at all.
Just a good old-fashioned ribbing. You dish so I figured you could take. Looks like I was mistaken. Carry on there.

No outrage at all. You really don't think that, do you? I mean it's arrogant and seriously misguided. Better schools than FSU have shirts you can get at Wal-mart, but no outrage at all.
Just a good old-fashioned ribbing. You dish so I figured you could take. Looks like I was mistaken. Carry on there.

I thought the dancing banana would show my level of sincerity in that post. You and I are going to work on these misunderstandings one day :mug:

WTF is going on in here?

10419466_652145541531935_7150267380406757651_n.jpg

Water after a tuna salad sandwich, two chicken breasts, a cup of broccoli and rice with carrots and peas. $8 at work. :D

I forgot the pic of what I'm actually drinking. As I always say, I'm an idiot.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402339559.625840.jpg
L to R. Skinny Jeans Are Ridiculous: Single Hop APA with Santiam, Butterfly Flashmob: Belgian IPA, Foux Du Fafa: Imperial Farmhouse IPA, Goth Syrup: Black Farmhouse Ale with coffee. All great beers!
Picked up a glass and some coasters and stickers. Also a bomber from Lake Effect at the liquor store. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402339893.943367.jpg

L to R. Skinny Jeans Are Ridiculous: Single Hop APA with Santiam, Butterfly Flashmob: Belgian IPA, Foux Du Fafa: Imperial Farmhouse IPA, Goth Syrup: Black Farmhouse Ale with coffee. All great beers!

Hah, love the beer names. Can't get that song out of my head now.

Recovering today after a long weekend of drinking. Mostly liquor after Friday night tho. Friend's wedding last night, followed by 3 hours of sleep and an early as **** flight back to Austin. Glad I woke up in time...

Hah, love the beer names. Can't get that song out of my head now.

Recovering today after a long weekend of drinking. Mostly liquor after Friday night tho. Friend's wedding last night, followed by 3 hours of sleep and an early as **** flight back to Austin. Glad I woke up in time...

I agree. I like odd beer names much better than just standard ones. It was a neat little brewery. The beer was fantastic.

Back