Pokémon Go Anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got one of these at break time:

92.png

I named him Rick...

;)

They looked like a bunch of idiots IMO. So buzz off.

IMO you sound like a idiot, not because you're not entitled to your opinion, but because you've already expressed that opinion over multiple posts in this short thread. Don't you have better things to do than to make fun/threaten people who don't agree with you? Maybe you should take up Pokemon Go, seems like a great way to kill time...

We're both strangers to love.
You've got the app, and so do I.
All day commitment's what we're thinking of.
It's kind of witless, but we still gotta try.

I just wanna wander 'round the city.
We can't make them understand.

Never gonna give it up.
Never gonna put it down.
Always gonna walk around and collect 'em.
Never gonna socialize.
Never gonna meet your eyes.
Always gonna walk around to collect 'em.

We've walked together for so long
You're phone is dying but you're still gonna play it.
Inside we'd both know we'd be watching shows.
We got this game and we're motivated!

And if you ask me how I'm feeling.
My legs are aching but don't you see?

Never gonna give it up.
Never gonna put it down.
Never gonna go inside and be normal.
Never gonna get a date.
Never gonna find a mate.
Always gonna wander 'round and collect 'em.

I haven't done hardly anything in this game. I'm like level 4 or something. My wife and I work near each other so we get together during lunch to go for walks even before Pokemon GO. Now it just makes walks more interesting. Throwing my balls at little chickens, squirrels, and such is kinda fun.

I just can't wait for Grand Theft Auto GO.

I haven't seen so many blinky-eyed, pale-skinned introverts since I played D&D back in the 80's! :p

Me and the GF have been getting out for walks and we've had a great time playing plus we're logging in some miles which for me means I can have moar beer!!! I think I'm around 14th level now?!?

I'm around level 8. I got new tires for the bike and the older kid and I went biking last night. Didn't even pokemon hardcore or anything, but we made plans to try biking to the next town over and maybe all the way to Big Rapids along the Rails to Trails.

I can totally see me trying to catch a rare and breaking my arm or cracking my skull during that trip!

Younger daughter had to do some driving to stay practiced for her test coming up. She drove me to Cadillac and then drove me all around while I collected Pokemons and stuff.

She said she wasn't that into pokemon, but when we had to stop and take breaks she was out there collecting too. And she seemed to know a fair amount about pokemon, so I think she remembers a bit from the show.

Found a spot or two up there with some more rare pokemons.

Bought new tires for my old bike and plan to get a handle bar grip to hold the phone.

And a battery pack...

I've two phone holders I bought at Aldi. $13 a piece. They aint ram mounts, but they work. One has been on my mc for months for when I want my phone as a GPS. For battery, I've been using a Golden Child brand solar battery I picked up at a Radio Shack that was going out of business. $35. I've had it about a year. So far, so good.

Except the calculator. I'm pretty sure the calculator is safe.

The calculator is the worst one!

Go team Instinct!

Mystic! :rockin:

I still don't have a clue what it's all about. My kid holds the phone while we all go for a walk, so I pay very little attention. All I know it's he's level 5 now.

But since my son went crazy and is watching Pokémon cartoons on Netflix, at least now I know who Gary Oak is!

Just got to level 10 this weekend. Got tires put on the car, went to see Star Trek with the older kid, and planned to do some Pokemon hunting with her and some of my friends, but battery issues prevented me from being able to do much. My phone didn't charge all night for some reason. I think there was a software glitch that kept something running in the background. At one point Google Services crashed.

A complete power down seems to have fixed the charging problem.

And I found the battery pack I bought my daughter about 1.5 years ago. She broke the charging connector when putting the pack in her bag with the cable plugged into it.

I took it apart and manager to solder the Micro USB connector back onto the circuit board.

Let me tell you, that is some MICROSCOPIC soldering! I took off the leads that feed data, since they aren't used for power. With a magnifying visor and the doubler I was just able to get two strands of very small copper wire twisted and soldered in place between the one broken lead and the capacitor it connects to. And I bulked up on the attaching solder to make it stronger. Booya!

Now I have a working battery pack to take on walks or bike rides or whatever.

Best of all, I updated the game last night and this morning when I checked it, I was able to connect to the servers no problem. I think they fixed the issue where I had to constantly stop the app and flush the cache.

Software is still glitchy, but I think I figured out how to work around it most of the time.

Caught a Meowth last night on a dog walk. Battery has been keeping up better lately too. Still bemoaning the fact that small towns aren't great places to collect pokemon. I read they recently changed up the spawn points to get different monsters to different areas, but I'm still seeing more Pidgeys, Wheedles and few others mostly. Just about ready to use my egg and level up as soon as I can sit down for a bit and evolve some of them. Need a solid plan to maximize the XP.

I'm going to stop evolving for a while. Getting better Pokémon at lvl 14. Best to just ride out for a while and see what I have in another few lvls.

I'm going to stop evolving for a while. Getting better Pokémon at lvl 14. Best to just ride out for a while and see what I have in another few lvls.

Yeah, knowing what I know now I would have gone back and played the game totally differently in the past.Would have better pokemon now forsure.

Kid practiced driving last night. Afterward as we started for home I loaded up a new app to find Pokemon. It's called Smart Poke 2.

As we pulled down our road I got it loaded and figured out. I had her swing around the block, and then over by her friend's house to get a Gastley and a Tauros. She was excited because she didn't have a Tauros. I didn't get anything new or exciting, but sitting there on the side of the street we got a few Pokemons and I think that is one of them honey holes for pokemon.

I love this game so far! I almost posted something when it came out but avoided haha. I'm team instinct so I basically change gyms over by myself and watch my Pokemon come back to me a few hours later. But it's totally cool

They aren't doing a very good job of fixing problems. The solution seems to remove the feature instead.

They killed my latest pokemon finding app. And now there are no steps to even try to follow. It's almost random happenstance to find things now.

Hit 12 last night. I was going to save my spare low level pokemons for when I use a lucky egg so I can level faster, but I ended up just bumping up to level 12 by evolving a couple without an egg.

Need to do more battles. I have way too many healing potions.

They aren't doing a very good job of fixing problems. The solution seems to remove the feature instead.

They killed my latest pokemon finding app. And now there are no steps to even try to follow. It's almost random happenstance to find things now.

Hit 12 last night. I was going to save my spare low level pokemons for when I use a lucky egg so I can level faster, but I ended up just bumping up to level 12 by evolving a couple without an egg.

Need to do more battles. I have way too many healing potions.

That's what I started doing too and then all of a sudden you get low on healing items. A vicious but fun circle. I do think it is odd they included a feature to help hunt Pokemon and then took it away. I don't think it would have been as big of a deal if they didn't have it originally and we didn't know what we were missing. There was a pikachu and poliwag on my nearby screen and I walked maybe a quarter mile back towards home and they were still on the screen but nowhere to be found. I would definitely like both of them but it would take me forever to find them this way. And they would probably just despawn before I could get there.

That's what I started doing too and then all of a sudden you get low on healing items. A vicious but fun circle. I do think it is odd they included a feature to help hunt Pokemon and then took it away. I don't think it would have been as big of a deal if they didn't have it originally and we didn't know what we were missing. There was a pikachu and poliwag on my nearby screen and I walked maybe a quarter mile back towards home and they were still on the screen but nowhere to be found. I would definitely like both of them but it would take me forever to find them this way. And they would probably just despawn before I could get there.

I think they just started having problems with the way it worked after an update and then tried to fix it and that failed so they just took it out so people weren't confused by it.

Either that or they will bring a compass into the game later that you can purchase from the store...

My town is so small I have almost no hope of catching them all. I just try to hit a few places when I'm out and about. The location app could have at least helped me know where certain pokemon have been found

I think they just started having problems with the way it worked after an update and then tried to fix it and that failed so they just took it out so people weren't confused by it.

Either that or they will bring a compass into the game later that you can purchase from the store...

My town is so small I have almost no hope of catching them all. I just try to hit a few places when I'm out and about. The location app could have at least helped me know where certain pokemon have been found

I don't know if you care enough to actually do this, but you can ask Niantic to add a poke stop or gym (I think) near you. The idea is that people in small towns or rural places have the potential of adding places so it's better to play. I like in a suburban area that is decent but it was nothing like when I went to DC and there were literally poke stops everywhere.

I don't know if you care enough to actually do this, but you can ask Niantic to add a poke stop or gym (I think) near you. The idea is that people in small towns or rural places have the potential of adding places so it's better to play. I like in a suburban area that is decent but it was nothing like when I went to DC and there were literally poke stops everywhere.

We have probably 4-5 gyms and a "decent" number of stops, but I haven't seen too many new pokemons. Maybe I will unlock more as I level up?

I checked for any new maps, and there are a couple online maps, but they are only really active for larger cities.

I'm not going to worry too much about it. I still think it's fun to go for a walk in the evening and hit a few stops and see what pops up. The dog has been liking the walks too. She likes to walk, but she's kind of nervous about noises. I think going out more often will help her get over this.

I'd take both dogs, but I don't think I could handle them both and nobody else wants to walk them. At least they calm down enough after a block or two to stop and wait for me to throw a few pokeballs.

Yeah. That didn't last long.

I honestly don't understand why you can only collect the defender bonus once a day. There is no way my Pokemon can stay in a gym that long. And it just discourages me from going to more gyms.

I have barely touched the gym thing. A friend and his kid and ex downed a gym so I could get my pokemon in there and collect the prizes. I had to sneak one in later and pull out the stuff. I saw a single low-level pokemon at a gym yesterday, but the kid was practice driving and I didn't feel like stopping long enough to take it down and insert my own in there.

I think I've powered-up a pokemon once. I have 46436 stardust. I should read up on how to make it most effective and power up some of these guys.

Funny story. I walk over to a client's house to fix their gmail login and end up walking past the Post Office on the way home. There is this young lady sitting there on the grass with her feet in the street. She's been there often during the past several days. Even my wife noticed it. I think she is strategically located between two Pokestops and a Gym.

Anyway, I'm walking past and I ask, "What's your trainer name?" and she said, "I don't play the game." mumbled something about her phone.

And I am wondering, if she doesn't play the game, why the hell does she sit there day after day with her feet in the street?? o_O

Back