An opportunity to help hop farm in Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxSpang

Reaction score
Uh, where is this homebrew shop?? I live a quarter mile from Monroe and I've never heard of it?

Amusingly Benny Hill-ish video! I hope he meets his goal. some fresh Ohio grown hops would be the bomb. It'd be interesting to see what Ohio grown versions of some commonly available hops would taste like.

Two Hearted

820 Lebanon St, off 63 and American Way behind the Subway.
Ryan, my store manager, and I will be remodeling the next couple weeks and taking deliveries. Getting everything ready.
We have a nice meeting space, that I am totally stoked about on the side of the store. And eager to show to area clubs, brewers and vintners.
If you see cars in the lot stop in and say hi! Look forward to meeting you!

I am REALLY excited about the opportunity to bring fresh sources ingredients. While I LOVE the wholesalers being able to purchase hops direct will be a REAL advantage to Homebrewers. All it takes to make this happen for us is sharing the link www.osbornbrewing.com/kickstarter with whoever you know. Thanks! I can't wait to meet you.

Brent
owner, Osborn Brewing

That's really cool, Brent. I live literally 2 miles from there. I'll definitely swing by sometime. That's a great location right off of 75. I'll share your link with my club.

I updated the kickstarter with a FAQ. Feel free to shoot some more either on the project page or here, I'll be happy to answer them!

We got ahold of Centennial rhizomes and got them potted to get started this year and will have them in the ground for next year.
Sorachi Ace seeds are ordered, and we are holding our breath in anticipation of how those plants will turn out!

Once we get funding, we will purchase some mix of Cascade, Columbus, Goldings, Hallertau and Tettnang. Sourced some seeds, and talking with Miami-Ohio biology students about experimenting with them!

Really appreciate the good words and support, if there is anywhere I can share this that I haven't please let me know!

Have a great beer day!
Cheers!

Brent

Two Hearted

820 Lebanon St, off 63 and American Way behind the Subway.
Ryan, my store manager, and I will be remodeling the next couple weeks and taking deliveries. Getting everything ready.
We have a nice meeting space, that I am totally stoked about on the side of the store. And eager to show to area clubs, brewers and vintners.
If you see cars in the lot stop in and say hi! Look forward to meeting you!

I am REALLY excited about the opportunity to bring fresh sources ingredients. While I LOVE the wholesalers being able to purchase hops direct will be a REAL advantage to Homebrewers. All it takes to make this happen for us is sharing the link www.osbornbrewing.com/kickstarter with whoever you know. Thanks! I can't wait to meet you.

Brent
owner, Osborn Brewing

Hey Brent, are you guys open for business yet? I was thinking about brewing this Sunday and need some grain.

Back