Danby Kegerator Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Incogneato

Reaction score
I'm thinking about purchasing a Danby 5.8 Cu. Ft. Capacity Keg Cooler and wondering what additional parts I'll need to buy in order to use it with my cornie kegs. Does it come with adapters to hook the beer line and the gas line to the cornie?

I would consider different units. Some people like their Danby's but I hear more complaints about them than praise.

Years ago I was considering buying a pre-fabbed unit before I started home brewing. I did some research and ended up sending an email to the folks at Sierra Nevada regarding what kegerators they recommend as I was going to buy their kegs. One of the head guys there called me and talked to me for about 10 minutes about them. Long and short, don't waste your money for something that isn't highly rated.

At the end of the call I thanked him for taking time to call me and asked him exactly what he did at SN. He replied, "Talk to customers like you about buying the proper kegerator."

Shoot them an email.

I ill advise the Danby Kegerator. The thermostats they use in them are terrible. The units are approximately $500 in home depot or Best Buy and the thermostat will only last for two or three years. I am a proud owner of one of these fine pieces of junk and will be investing in a better unit as soon a possible. Look on craigslist you are bound to find a better unit for less money.

Thanks for the input... I think I'm going to pass on it. What do you guys think of turning a Magic Chef 4.4 cubic foot mini fridge into a kegerator? Found one on Craigstlist for $10.

Back