Does this look like a good kettle to go with?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evilhomer

Reaction score
http://www.homebrewing.org/9-Gallon-Stainless-Steel-pot-with-one-weld_p_1683.html

I'm looking for something a little bigger for 5 gallon boils. My 7.5 turkey fryer is a little tight for that, it's also a thin pos.

Any other suggestions for something to look at? I really like the price on that one but could spend more if it's worth it.

I do want to be able to put a valve on it, I can certainly drill a hole myself if needed.

What makes a stainless valve worth so much more?

id get a 15 gallon pot. as soon as you buy the 9 gallon you are going to decide you want to do 10gallon batches.

you can probably get a 15.5 gallon keg and set it up with a ball valve for around the same price as the 9 gallon pot.

I agree about the 15 gallon, its more versitile.you can find good prices on large high quality pots at restraunt supply places and put your own valve on

Call the local beer suppliers and see who will sell you a keg for the cost of deposit, it's $30 here. This spring I'm building a pair of keggles, one as a MLT and one as a boil kettle. All told I figure I'll have about $150 in the pair and have a pair of the best kettles you can buy. If all you want is a boil kettle, a $30 keg and a dremel will have you there for the same price, and have twice the size.

Back