who is cooking in the morning?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobody

Reaction score
i just made the stuffing and sit it in the frig so i can finish it tomorrow. i have to cook the entire meal tomorrow!! ganna be a ***** since i've been drinking bourbon all evening:rockin:!!

well happy thanksgiving to all:tank:.

Well....it's 1:30 a.m. here and I just put the turkey in smoker. So I guess I'm cooking this morning. And the porter that I brewed today is just starting to grow a little krausen.

I'm up....Gotta make 6 Loaves of Ciabatta bread.
Cider - Check
Beer - Check
Wine - Check
Potential Hangover - Check

It will be just me and my wife and she is working half day today so I'm cooking. I cut my turkey into breast, thigh and leg, and it is in a brine. The wing pieces and back are in the oven roasting for stock then gravy. I love turkey. I have a few veggies and sides planned. Maybe pics later!

I'll probably take the dog to the dog park, and right now I am wondering if I can get a brew session in today; hmm.

I have the turkey in the oven (for 1 hour already) and coffee brewing. The wife was up till 3am this morning making cheese cake and a pecan pie, mmmmmmm. We have 16 people coming for dinner today.

I cut my turkey into breast, thigh and leg, and it is in a brine.

I did the same thing, Sean, kind of untraditional but I wanted to see about roasting the turkey in pieces instead of one big bird.

Other items on the menu are mashed rutabagas/potatoes, parsnip bread pudding, and creamed brussel sprouts. Dessert is pumpkin mousse, which I need to go make now.

Heating the strike water now for Ed Worts's Haus Ale.

I'll be putting the turkey in the smoker in a few hours. The rest is out of my hands...except the gravy.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm am working up the motiviation (via coffee) to begin my apple pie and corn bread stuffing.

Made some desserts last night, blackberry cobbler and S'more pudding cups. Headed up to wife's place for the day. She's making the rest of it, her choice. At least we won't be going over to her relatives for dinner.

Having two households is a pain, but we are at the Inspection stage of buying a bigger place with room for both of us and all of the dogs. My place will probably become the 'country cabin'.

Despite the weatherman's over exuberance in doom and gloom, we now have no family coming to dinner today. First time in 8 years.:mad:
I guess I'll have to drain the keg of Porter myself.:mug:

The wife:rockin: is still proceeding with turkey, stuffing, potatoes, yams, cranberries, pumpkin pie, etc, etc. Looks like I'll be eating leftovers for awhile.:drunk:

Making some breads including bread made with spent steeping grains; Portuguese potatoes with salt cod and cream; mashed potatoes (garlic, cheese, sour cream) and I have six kinds of homebrew to offer tonight.

I started yesterday. put the turkey in the oven at about 3pm yesterday afternoon. SLow roasting it at 185 degrees ever since. Should be done just before dinner time at 3 today. so a 24 hour slow roast on it. Gotta throw the roast beef in the oven here in about an hour or so. Wife is doing the rest

The Amish are cooking. I'm buying. Treating the whole family (gma, mom, dad, wife, aunt, brother, etc) to some Amish cooking. No cleanup required. Food is great. Did this for the first time last year. Everybody loved it. We go to mom and dads after for desert, beer and football.

The Amish are cooking. I'm buying. Treating the whole family (gma, mom, dad, wife, aunt, brother, etc) to some Amish cooking. No cleanup required. Food is great. Did this for the first time last year. Everybody loved it. We go to mom and dads after for desert, beer and football.

What the heck? You just crash some Amish familie's house or something????;)

I'm cooking but not til Saturday. For the past 8 years I've gone to my dad's (he's 95 in a neighboring state) and cooked the traditional meal on Saturday. That way all the sibs/families don't have mult. meals on Thursday & dad has a great time with everyone together at his house.

Anyway, I'll have 17 at my table Saturday. Today my wife & I are going to "restaurant it." Everyone enjoy your feasts today, I raise a HB to you all!

Just put my 12# bird in the smoker with pecan wood. Did one the same way, last weekend, came out excellent!:rockin:

Whoa! it's after 12, time for a glass of homebrew!

Don't have to do the main meal but I did Oatmeal Spicedrop cookies this morning and have a Broccoli and Cheese Casserole in the oven now. Am bringing some homebrew Riesling, Chianti and Cream Ale too.

Champagne turkey is just going in the oven now.

I also make a Tequila Cocktail sauce that is so damn good. Its one of the dishes that make Thanksgiving.

My bird is in the oven. The SWMBO and my families are both 10 hours plus away so we're just having a few friends over. They'll be here soon. I have 3 brews bottled and carbed some apfelwein, some wine, and some Celebration ale to offer. If it's anything like last year, dinner will be awesome and a hangover tomorrow is inevitable.

Not me, I brewed 3 weeks ago for today. SWMBO cooked some deserts last night. Nephew and family are cooking the rest. Happy Thanksgiving HBT members!

My Tipsy Turkey (Sean Paxton recipe; beer brine included Xmas Dubbel, Belgian Dark Strong, Smoked Porter and autolyzed Apfelwein) will be done in an hour or so :) Will be served with Apfelwein vegetable stock-infused butternut squash stuffing and IPA mashed potatoes, and a pumpkin pie for dessert.

turkey and dressing is in the oven!! had 5 home brews and just starting to enjoy myself!!! seems the best meals i make are when i'm buzzed good!! maybe i need to get my girlfriend to take notes on what i put into my food so i can do it again when i'm solber!!! kinda like charlies chili on two and a half men!!!

Put the turkey in this morning, injected with cider. butter and garlic. The rest is up to the ladies!

Just finished frying the turkey. It's my first time making and tasting fried turkey. Hope the family likes it! My mom and wife (2 SWMBOs) are happy to have the kitchen/oven free for other preparation.

turkey and dressing is in the oven!! had 5 home brews and just starting to enjoy myself!!! seems the best meals i make are when i'm buzzed good!! maybe i need to get my girlfriend to take notes on what i put into my food so i can do it again when i'm solber!!! kinda like charlies chili on two and a half men!!!

I'm only 4 in. I think all my food tastes better to me when buzzed...not sure it really is, but who cares! :tank:

Put a turkey in the smoker at 5 AM for a 12 hour smoke @ 210 degrees. Made two pumpkin pies, two things of cornbread, a gallon of vanilla ice cream, an apple gallette, a pecan tort, and now am ready to get the gravy (which will include drippings from the smoked turkey), potatoes, and vegetables ready.

I have two bottles of Merlot and one Cabernet in the cooler. Bottled them in June, and they are perfect for a smoked meal.

My wife handles the turkey, and I usually do all the vegetables. I started cutting up the turnip and then slice..I cut the top of my finger off. 5 stitches in the ER..I've cut up turnip a hundred times. Between the Novocaine and and two taps flowing all day, I feel great...Happy Thanksgiving everybody...

Back