2016 HBT Fantasy Baseball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since johnny-o is the only one of you guys i "know", do the rest of you even brew? Participate in the forums? Ive been here 3 years and dont thinknive ever seen of other guys post! Haha

Since johnny-o is the only one of you guys i "know", do the rest of you even brew? Participate in the forums? Ive been here 3 years and dont thinknive ever seen of other guys post! Haha

Been around the site for a bit over a year, but I don't post all that much. Been brewing a couple years now - I should post pictures of my setup sometime.....

Cool. Good to know someone else brews. Ha ha ha be nice if you want to y'all could get me some heady topper. Or maybe some zombie dust. I'm always up for a trade.

I brew. Seriously, I do!

I'm actually the president of Brew Haven, a homebrew club in New Haven, CT. We have monthly meetings, and a membership base of 45 or so. Meetings usually have 25-30 people. We also do local events and a bunch of club activities. At tonight's meeting we're bringing smash brews where each of us picked a different hop to brew with. I think there are 20 beers being brought in for that. Also, we have a microbiologist as the head of our education committee. He's lead an experiment where members collected and harvested wild yeast from their yards this past month. Should be interesting.

I brew. Seriously, I do!

I'm actually the president of Brew Haven, a homebrew club in New Haven, CT. We have monthly meetings, and a membership base of 45 or so. Meetings usually have 25-30 people. We also do local events and a bunch of club activities. At tonight's meeting we're bringing smash brews where each of us picked a different hop to brew with. I think there are 20 beers being brought in for that. Also, we have a microbiologist as the head of our education committee. He's lead an experiment where members collected and harvested wild yeast from their yards this past month. Should be interesting.
I knew you brewed. Was just curious about the rest of these folks. Since I don't step out of the HBT "basement" very often, I'm just not familiar with them. I'm definitely going to have to set up a trade with you at some point!

And how bout the Rangers?!?!? Odor beat Bautista's ass! What a punch. hahahaha

I got lucky against you this past week - Seater hit two homers Sunday night to pull me ahead.

I noticed that, ya I had my best week last week but still no "W" haha. Oh well.

I plan to visit San Diego around July 4th, looking to see a game while I'm there. Just curious, what stadiums have you guys visited? What's your favorite? I have a baseball stadium fetish. I have been to Kaufman, Great American Ball Park, Fenway, Busch and Chase Field. Of coarse I love my Cards, but I would say Great American might be a close 2nd. I REALLY would like to see AT&T. I actually made a desktop theme for Windows with 5-15 backgrounds for every MLB stadium. Took me a long time, some of the photos I actually took myself.

I noticed that, ya I had my best week last week but still no "W" haha. Oh well.

I plan to visit San Diego around July 4th, looking to see a game while I'm there. Just curious, what stadiums have you guys visited? What's your favorite? I have a baseball stadium fetish. I have been to Kaufman, Great American Ball Park, Fenway, Busch and Chase Field. Of coarse I love my Cards, but I would say Great American might be a close 2nd. I REALLY would like to see AT&T. I actually made a desktop theme for Windows with 5-15 backgrounds for every MLB stadium. Took me a long time, some of the photos I actually took myself.

My boys and I are doing a stadium tour - so far, we have done the Brewers, Cubs, White Sox, Twins, Tigers, Cardinals and Royals. Our favorite to this point is Kaufman - close second is Target Field.

My father and I try to go to a new park each year. So far I have been to Fenway, old Yankee Stadium, Shea, Rogers Center, Camden Yards, Comerica, Coors, Chase Field, Wrigley, Safeco and Citizens Bank. Trying to get to Chavez Ravine and Turner this year.

You have definitely had some bad luck this year so far - iirc, I squeaked out my game against you by just a couple points...

I just put the tv in the "brewery" today. Watched most of the game out there before i really needed a shower! It's really hot in Dallas. View attachment 363879

Yeah earlier in the season the wife and I were going out to the covered deck to watch the games but it's way too hot for that crap now. The rain has made it so humid too.

Yeah. It's gonna be nice to be able to brew and watch the Rangers and some football, but it's brutally hot in the summer. Sitting in the garage for hours is not very appealing. I mean, I do it, cause that's where the beer is. And I won't smoke cigars in the house, but it's still brutal. Nothing a few fans can't remedy though.

Well i finished 5th. Not quite what i was hoping for but better than my start showed. Congrats, Nick! I'm still in for sending beer to the winner, so PM your address. I have some Pecan Porter with your name on it.

Now, LETS GO RANGERS!!!

Yeah congrats on a great season! I am not complaining at all - took the team that finished last to 4th and have some good young talent to protect for next year.

Send me your address as well - I am way behind on my brewing so I may have to grab some local stuff to send....

Thanks guys! I was definitely on edge through the weekend knowing how volatile and unsafe leads are.

Back