Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peyton Manning cleared of all charges. He's truly a class act and no one really thought that he did anything, but they had to do an investigation so the Pats fans would blow their lids.

I had no love or hate for the Pats before deflategate. Brady is one of the greats and will get into the hall the first vote after his retirement. And he deserves it.

But...

This whole deflategate litigation really burns my shorts. HOW does a case that is nothing more than a contract dispute jump to the head of the line at a federal court?!?!?! Brady and the players union should be embarrassed. I wonder what cases they pushed aside to get in front of the judge in time? I'm embarrassed to be a football fan after that level of entitlement.

Don't like Goodell??? Change the CBPA in 2 years. Take the power back. But they won't cuz the vast majority of the players don't have a problem with it... And they're more worried about shielding their pot usage than throttling the commissioners power.

At least they had the common sense enough to not try to push this to the supreme court. That would have been a PR train wreck.

I had no love or hate for the Pats before deflategate. Brady is one of the greats and will get into the hall the first vote after his retirement. And he deserves it.

But...

This whole deflategate litigation really burns my shorts. HOW does a case that is nothing more than a contract dispute jump to the head of the line at a federal court?!?!?! Brady and the players union should be embarrassed. I wonder what cases they pushed aside to get in front of the judge in time? I'm embarrassed to be a football fan after that level of entitlement.

Don't like Goodell??? Change the CBPA in 2 years. Take the power back. But they won't cuz the vast majority of the players don't have a problem with it... And they're more worried about shielding their pot usage than throttling the commissioners power.

At least they had the common sense enough to not try to push this to the supreme court. That would have been a PR train wreck.

All good points. But fair warning, despite the title this is actually the "Pats-fan Circle Jerk Thread" so you won't find much support for well reasoned argument of this kind.

But...

Dude - did you not notice that this thing has been strung out over the last year and a half? Doesn't exactly seem like it jumped to the head of any lines in that timeframe. Granted, maybe the court proceedings have only been 14 or 16 out of those 18 months, but the fact still remains that these preceedings haven't been AAAA #1 on the courts' collective radar.

@stratslinger Brady's first appeal to NFL/Goodell was denied July 28. They were in front of a federal judge on August 12. Two weeks. How many federal court cases get in front of a judge in two weeks?

And I'll say it again...this was a contract dispute. Does Goodell or does he not have the authority to dispense punishments at his discretion, based on his interpretation of the rules and CBPA? It has nothing to do with Tom's innocence or guilt. That is utterly moot.

@stratslinger Brady's first appeal to NFL/Goodell was denied July 28. They were in front of a federal judge on August 12. Two weeks. How many federal court cases get in front of a judge in two weeks?

And I'll say it again...this was a contract dispute. Does Goodell or does he not have the authority to dispense punishments at his discretion, based on his interpretation of the rules and CBPA? It has nothing to do with Tom's innocence or guilt. That is utterly moot.

I'd have to agree with the latter part of your statement here - on face value alone, should a contract dispute have ever gone as far as it did?

A lot of writers on both sides of the argument have observed that this case may just have implications on contract law in general - and if that's so, (I'm no expert) then it definitely deserved to be answered once and for all. I'm just not sure, if they're right, that many people will be happy with those implications over the next couple years.

Your post reminded me of an old attorney's axiom:

If the law is on your side, pound the law.
If the facts are on your side, pound the facts.
If neither are on your side, pound the table.

Pats fans are just pounding the table.

Well the Vince Lombardi trophies are heavy.

kraft.jpg

I'd have to agree with the latter part of your statement here - on face value alone, should a contract dispute have ever gone as far as it did?

A lot of writers on both sides of the argument have observed that this case may just have implications on contract law in general - and if that's so, (I'm no expert) then it definitely deserved to be answered once and for all. I'm just not sure, if they're right, that many people will be happy with those implications over the next couple years.

I agree. It's about the CBA. How were they ever able to finalize it if in a disagreement they would just run to the court to overturn it? Plus the Berman judge that overturned the ruling? That guy shouldn't even be flipping burgers at McD's if he couldn't get it right.

It's not over. I think the NFLPA is pushing it on even though Brady said he was out.

Apples and oranges. J Gordon should get an exemption of the substance abuse policy. Smoking pot and drinking seems like the only thing a guy has to look forward to as a Browns player.

Of course. Because a Career Offender (this guy literally can't pass a fecking drug test if his career depended on it) deserves to have his sentence commuted.

Cheers! (Yeah, I get it. The writing is extra large, and irony is everywhere...)

Are you guys still on this? Seriously? Let's get back to the perfect season that is coming for the Pats with two different starting quarterbacks. I mean, this is going to be epic.
Tom Brady will Have better stats than your quarterback this season, and he's only playing 12 games. Tom at 3/4 is better than the slate at full season.

Oh, and while we're at it, can we get a piss test for Russell Wilson? Have you seen that dude lately? He looks like he's been smoking Lou Ferigno's powdered bones.

I did not write this, but I completely agree with it...

Dear Roger Goodell,

Congratulations. You’ve officially completed the biggest witch hunt in the history of professional sports. You’ve proven that you have the power do whatever the hell you want to satisfy your massive ego, no matter how unjust it might be.

You showed us that you can drag the greatest quarterback of all-time through the mud because of some alleged equipment violation and force him to miss a quarter of the season. Meanwhile, you hand down one-game suspensions to guys who lead the cops on high-speed chases while smoking blunts with children and weapons in the car.

You claim to be protecting the integrity of the league, but everyone with half a brain knows that’s complete and utter bull****. The integrity of the league went out the window the moment Greg Hardy got the same punishment as Brady for beating the **** out of his girlfriend, throwing her on a bed full of assault rifles, and threatening to kill her. You are implying that PSI’s in a football are as serious an offense as domestic abuse, running from the police, and endangering the lives of children. And for that, Mr. Goodell, you are a ****ing piece of ****.

The only people supporting you at this point are the same people who claim the Patriots should have asterisks next to all their Super Bowls. Those aren’t even real football fans, they’re mouth breathers who are mad that their favorite team has gone through 20 different quarterbacks in the last decade.

But you don’t care. You did what you set out to do. You handed Tom Brady a suspension for doing something that no one could prove he actually did. The evidence was inconclusive and science proved you wrong, but you stuck to your guns until you showed everyone just how much of an ******* you really are.

But I have some bad news for you. You didn’t do enough. Despite the four-game suspension, the Patriots are still favorites to win the Super Bowl.

Am I confident that Jimmy Garappolo will be solid in the first four weeks of the season? No. I don’t see how anyone could say that based on the limited sample size that we’ve seen. But I’m confident that it doesn’t ****ing matter. Even if the Pats go 0-4, you are going to see the most pissed off, well-rested Tom Brady you’ve ever witnessed in your years as NFL dictator commissioner. I promise it will haunt your dreams.

As with any aging NFL player, Brady’s biggest issue as he’s gotten older is failing to play his best football throughout the playoffs after the wear and tear of a 16-game regular season. Thanks to this inexplicable suspension, you’ve added both rest and revenge to Brady’s already endless list of reasons to make sure you have to hand him the Lombardi trophy on February 5th in Houston. I speak for everyone in Pats Nation when I say that we absolutely can’t wait for that day.

So while you can enjoy your small victory, it’s important you understand that you haven’t really accomplished much at all. You’ve created far more problems than you’ve solved you’ve started a whirlwind of confusion when it comes to setting the precedent for future suspensions. Is hitting women still okay? Would you be more forgiving if Tom had just knocked out Giselle in an elevator and dragged her limp body on camera instead?

Again, I know you don’t care. You’re just a cold, heartless, spineless, power-hungry egomaniac with an extreme inferiority complex. No one who is as insecure as you should ever be placed in a position of such power, but here you are pulling strings and ruining the most popular sport in America so you can feel significant. Twenty years from now, Tom Brady will still be one of the greatest football players ever. You’ll just be the prick who did everything in his power to try to ruin that for him but couldn’t succeed. You’re a joke Goodell. See you in February.

Sincerely,

A Patriots Fan

I did not write this, but I completely agree with it...

Dear Roger Goodell,

Congratulations. You’ve officially completed the biggest witch hunt in the history of professional sports. You’ve proven that you have the power do whatever the hell you want to satisfy your massive ego, no matter how unjust it might be.

You showed us that you can drag the greatest quarterback of all-time through the mud because of some alleged equipment violation and force him to miss a quarter of the season. Meanwhile, you hand down one-game suspensions to guys who lead the cops on high-speed chases while smoking blunts with children and weapons in the car.

You claim to be protecting the integrity of the league, but everyone with half a brain knows that’s complete and utter bull****. The integrity of the league went out the window the moment Greg Hardy got the same punishment as Brady for beating the **** out of his girlfriend, throwing her on a bed full of assault rifles, and threatening to kill her. You are implying that PSI’s in a football are as serious an offense as domestic abuse, running from the police, and endangering the lives of children. And for that, Mr. Goodell, you are a ****ing piece of ****.

The only people supporting you at this point are the same people who claim the Patriots should have asterisks next to all their Super Bowls. Those aren’t even real football fans, they’re mouth breathers who are mad that their favorite team has gone through 20 different quarterbacks in the last decade.

But you don’t care. You did what you set out to do. You handed Tom Brady a suspension for doing something that no one could prove he actually did. The evidence was inconclusive and science proved you wrong, but you stuck to your guns until you showed everyone just how much of an ******* you really are.

But I have some bad news for you. You didn’t do enough. Despite the four-game suspension, the Patriots are still favorites to win the Super Bowl.

Am I confident that Jimmy Garappolo will be solid in the first four weeks of the season? No. I don’t see how anyone could say that based on the limited sample size that we’ve seen. But I’m confident that it doesn’t ****ing matter. Even if the Pats go 0-4, you are going to see the most pissed off, well-rested Tom Brady you’ve ever witnessed in your years as NFL dictator commissioner. I promise it will haunt your dreams.

As with any aging NFL player, Brady’s biggest issue as he’s gotten older is failing to play his best football throughout the playoffs after the wear and tear of a 16-game regular season. Thanks to this inexplicable suspension, you’ve added both rest and revenge to Brady’s already endless list of reasons to make sure you have to hand him the Lombardi trophy on February 5th in Houston. I speak for everyone in Pats Nation when I say that we absolutely can’t wait for that day.

So while you can enjoy your small victory, it’s important you understand that you haven’t really accomplished much at all. You’ve created far more problems than you’ve solved you’ve started a whirlwind of confusion when it comes to setting the precedent for future suspensions. Is hitting women still okay? Would you be more forgiving if Tom had just knocked out Giselle in an elevator and dragged her limp body on camera instead?

Again, I know you don’t care. You’re just a cold, heartless, spineless, power-hungry egomaniac with an extreme inferiority complex. No one who is as insecure as you should ever be placed in a position of such power, but here you are pulling strings and ruining the most popular sport in America so you can feel significant. Twenty years from now, Tom Brady will still be one of the greatest football players ever. You’ll just be the prick who did everything in his power to try to ruin that for him but couldn’t succeed. You’re a joke Goodell. See you in February.

Sincerely,

A Patriots Fan

tl ; dr

just booked my trip to see the GOAT win his first game of the year in Cleveland columbus day weekend. Any good Beer spots in Cleveland?

So happy football is back- now we just need tom back !! Patriots all summer '16

Back