Its on its way!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreakinA

Reaction score
Whoo cant wait for my credit card bill this month. But while I was in a good mood, I ordered up a few kegerator parts. I plan on using a few paintball tanks till I feel the need to upgrade(I have 3 20oz tanks) so I got the morebeerpaint ball adapter, the more beer gas in line, and the more beer liquid out line.
https://morebeer.com/view_product/7650/102238/Paint_Ball_Tank_Adapter
https://morebeer.com/view_product/18243/102296/Beer_Line_Assembly
https://morebeer.com/view_product/18245/102296/Gas_Line_Assembly
and a regulator from micromatic
Beer Regulator - Double Gauge CO2 Primary - Classic Series 1 Pressure - 2 Kegs
Anything else I should have gotten? I have one corny now, and my LHBS has them priced at 30 bucks so I want to get at least one more this weekend.

Take it you have a fridge? Cobra/picnic taps? I'm sure we could create a gigantic list...

Cheers! You'll be happy when you pour your first draft- It's an addictive hobby that can get expensive; I still need more beer paraphernalia! Err, I mean necessary equipment...

I have a fridge, and the second link from more beer has the handheld picnic tap which is what I plan on using since I cant drill my fridge.

Teflon tape, new o rings for kegs, sanitizing solution.... Other then that I assume you have basic brew equipment and siphon. As far as the basics you seem pretty set.

Thanks morotorium for the help. I have one refurbished corny now, looking to get a few more to get the pipeline going, but for now I just want to be able to get this working. Teflon tape sounds like a pretty useful thing, and maybe some of that food grade lubricant.

Teflon tape on all your gas connections- beer line you don't really need it. Make sure your CO2 connections and kegs don't have any leaks, save you some headaches later. Just hook em up, pressurize them (even 10PSI should be adequate, but to get a good seal on a corny I normally go with 30PSI), and then use starsan solution (or soapy water), to check for leaks(if you use soapy water and you have a leak, be careful to sterilize if it goes inside). Happy brewing!

I think there is a little leak on the door of my corny. the metal was a little mishapen. I hit it with a hammer and its looking a little better, any good tips for leaks on the corny door?

You mean the little "hatch" lid right?

Best way to seat a finicky lid is to hit it with 30psi from a CO2 tank. That might wind up using more paintball tanks than you want to........

Did the keg come with a new lid O-Ring? Or are you using the old one? They turn into an oval shape over time, due to the pressure between the body and the lid, often times a new, rounder O-Ring will fix the prob.

Edit: OH! And Keg Lube will help immensely. Also helps with sticky poppets. I need to get me some, I keep forgetting I'm out of it.

Welcome to the addiction. I'm at 10 kegs and 2 taps, and I'm still not happy. I have 2 more shanks, just need to buy faucets and lines and QDs for them, and then build a shelf for the fridge so I can fit all 4 in.

:drunk:

I got a dual reg because I KNEW one would not be enough. Only one keg thus far, but im going to pick 2 or 3 more up this weekend methinks.

I have five at the moment, want more.. But first I need to get a better burner setup!

I would go with Insco's used cornies! 17.50 each. I got 4 shipped to Ohio for 100 bucks. Check his thread out in Classifieds. I'm all for supporting local shop, but more so for supporting the forum. This is where the real help comes from.

Back