50 dollar ball lock corny kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thedutchtouch

Reaction score
I have no connection to this seller, just wanted to pass along a decent deal to fellow home brewers... I just picked up 4 genuine ball lock kegs, 50 bucks apiece. The guy looked to have around 75 or so left. They are used, but come with a set of 5 new O rings, and the ones I picked up were pressurized. You can find him through chicago craigslist or by searching for corny keg depot on Facebook. He is located in Elgin.

Beverage Elements has BRAND NEW (albeit cosmetically blemished, so "Class 2") corny kegs for $68.00 + shipping. They are also having a sale on the "nice" new, single-handle corny kegs for $99.95. These don't have any rubber tops, but hey... they've got the rubber bottoms. :)
Not to diss your guy, but these are manufacturer direct, NEW kegs. :)

Beverage Elements has BRAND NEW (albeit cosmetically blemished, so "Class 2") corny kegs for $68.00 + shipping. They are also having a sale on the "nice" new, single-handle corny kegs for $99.95. These don't have any rubber tops, but hey... they've got the rubber bottoms. :)
Not to diss your guy, but these are manufacturer direct, NEW kegs. :)

Yes, this is true, he did also say he could ship, but for local pickup this is a better deal than anything else I could find for ball locks. Again, I have no affiliation with the guy so I don't care where other people buy from, but this was the best price I could find, so I bought as many as my keezer (currently building it, a professional 7.0 with 20 lb co2 tank inside) can hold. They are dirty on the outside, typical sitting in a warehouse for a long time filth, but nothing a good scrub with a scotch brite pad won't solve. The interiors look great so just a round of cleaner/sanitizer and they could be used as is. I will try to take some pictures soon.

Yes, this is true, he did also say he could ship, but for local pickup this is a better deal than anything else I could find for ball locks. Again, I have no affiliation with the guy so I don't care where other people buy from, but this was the best price I could find, so I bought as many as my keezer (currently building it, a professional 7.0 with 20 lb co2 tank inside) can hold. They are dirty on the outside, typical sitting in a warehouse for a long time filth, but nothing a good scrub with a scotch brite pad won't solve. The interiors look great so just a round of cleaner/sanitizer and they could be used as is. I will try to take some pictures soon.

Yeah. Definitely a better deal for local pick-up than mail-order. Still, if the Beverage Elements deal goes away on the "class 2" kegs, that's a hell of a deal, even for mail-order. :)

I've purchased from this guy as well, he is legit and the kegs are great for the price. I wish I would have asked him for kegs with all metal lids, as some of them i got from him are plastic. They work fine though.

I can no longer in good faith recommend this seller. It's partially my fault for being in a hurry when I picked them up, but only 3 out of 4 kegs I got are functional, the last has a bent post and leaky lid. No idea if he still has kegs for sale, but just wanted to pass along a word of caution to inspect well before you buy.

Back