bottling next week

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangfreak

Reaction score
I'm using the mr beer keg, and I was wondering how do I go about bottling without getting the particles at the bottom, in the bottle? I know not to move the fermenter, so I placed it in a spot where I wouldn't have to.

Or is there going to be some in the bottle no matter what I do?

Most of the trub will be below the line of the spigot. If you want to try really hard, put a rag under the front of the keg so it leans back a bit. Let it sit for a day like that and the trub will flow to the back. Then bottle and the first 3 bottles will not have any in them. To get to the last of the beer, you will need to put back to normal position, but you can mark that one if you like. You will get sediment no matter what when you bottle condition, and the trub will just be on the sediment, so most don't worry about it. It is more in the pour and leaving the last bit in the bottom of the bottle than in the keeping the bottle clear.

Kayos said:
It is more in the pour and leaving the last bit in the bottom of the bottle than in the keeping the bottle clear.

I have no clue why I didn't think of that. :drunk:

Back