• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Anyone willing to share some Rhizomes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hovik

Reaction score
I am in Claremont, CA (91711) and would love to plant 2 Cascade Rhizomes this year if anyone has some they're willing to give away..Thanks.

Hovik,
Yeah, he said that someone emailed him and bought every rhizome he hadn't sold (40 or 50 left). I picked up a few so if they produce I can cut some roots off for next grow season.

Hello there from orange :) hovik what lo
D of hops have u grown?

Hello Jedi,
Not sure what your sentence means. I haven't grown hops, I'd like to plant 2 Cascades this year but am open to other varieties, I'll take what I can get. Can you help?
J

Hovik,
Yeah, he said that someone emailed him and bought every rhizome he hadn't sold (40 or 50 left). I picked up a few so if they produce I can cut some roots off for next grow season.

Hey thanks D3, I am still hoping to score some this season but if not I'll surely take you up on that. Thanks!

I am also looking for hop rhizomes, preferrably Cascade or Saaz (will Saaz grow well in the states)? Willing to pay shipping + whatever for your time! Please PM me. Thanks!

Well I never found my Cascade rhizomes last year but would still like to plant a couple. My next door neighbor has 6 well established plants that he doesn't seem interested in sharing, he doesn't even pick the cones let alone share them with fellow brewers, so sad to watch them turn brown on the vines...
If anyone can share some I'll gladly pay for shipping!

I live in riverside and have bought some ryzomes from Morebeer. They were alive and healthy. Your best bet might be to call and see when they should arrive. This would garuntee the healthiest stick and they should be pest free which might be a problem if bought from some random person

I live in riverside and have bought some ryzomes from Morebeer. They were alive and healthy. Your best bet might be to call and see when they should arrive. This would garuntee the healthiest stick and they should be pest free which might be a problem if bought from some random person

I had better luck with the ones from Williams brew supply and shipping is only 7.50 nomatter how maney you buy. Hope this helps.:rockin:

Well I never found my Cascade rhizomes last year but would still like to plant a couple. My next door neighbor has 6 well established plants that he doesn't seem interested in sharing, he doesn't even pick the cones let alone share them with fellow brewers, so sad to watch them turn brown on the vines...
If anyone can share some I'll gladly pay for shipping!

Damn, I bet those cones would "fall off" and float off into space. :D

My wife teaches at UCR this quarter and I have been making excuses to tag along with her (either to go to morebeer or electronics warehouse) so I get out that way every week lately. But I always think it's cool when people get together and share the wealth, cutting out the middleman profiteer. For example, I propagate plants (no not that kind) in my garden and pass them out to the neighbors for free just to share something that it didn't cost me anything to make. That said, if I am forced to go to morebeer to buy them I will but I wanted to see first if there was anyone out there propagating hops in their garden and passing them out to their homebrew "neighbors".

Hovik,
The Cascade rhizomes I picked up last year did great. I got 3-4oz out of them and actually planted them late in the summer. If you can make it down to Oceanside one of these days I'll dig one up and cut you a few.

Back